Wednesday, August 29, 2018

pet hospital/ home base

The vaporizer is in the living room, but does move on occasion into the bedroom too.
At first when misdiagnosed we were told via the phone to keep them separated, yeah sure, hmm?
How the heck can you do that in this tiny abode we call home, anyway by the time we got that message they had been nose to nose and kept in a car together with me and the air-conditioner on of course! Toys had been shared, if she, Bella needed to be in quarantine than they should have said something, ya know?
Fortunately, the diagnosis was wrong of Kennel Cough, and so no major nasty contagion was shared, just sniffles and sneezes that can be attributed to colds or allergies.
Good or bad, mostly good.
Their appetites are fine and their personal plumbing works just fine too, as well as their high-jinks for entertaining us. Aussie is into playing retrieving toys that he brings to us to throw and sitting, lying down, coming when called and heeling, and staying too! "No", is still not entirely in his vocabulary, but we are still working on it in spite of his reluctance to maintain the meaning of that significant word in training, pets and children alike have found the word, "NO", contemptuous!
Interestingly, we have found that Bella too knows some tricks, dancing, rolling over, sit, lie down, stay, heeling and come and all that makes her past that much more interesting and mysterious; wondering why anyone would have given her up or lose her?
We did get her through proper channels though, an adoption from: http://forever-pets.org/  same as Aussie.
A few minutes ago she had jumped off the bed where I have spoiling her, according to Hubby, bring many of her meals to eat, and she has been jumping off our very high bed to play and run around. I asked her if she wanted to go out to make or eat and she tried for the third time to jump back up on the bed, but this time I was there to give her the push up she needed to complete the near miss of the completion of the jump up with a successful landing! She looked at me seemingly surprise that she made it with a little bit of help from her Mom, me, ha! I think she might have even smiled...maybe?

She and he, Bella and Aussie do have enough balance with playing, eating and sleeping so I do believe we are all on the right track! Oh and lotsa of hugs of love, scratches, and tickles, and in return we get lovely licks!

Moving on...

Houston I think I still have a problem.
Friday, I had gone in for my fasting blood work again, and today I was able to access online.
My total cholesterol is currently 256, a month ago was 282 below 199 is preferable, all without Zocor and Fenofibrate since June, it is still high as well as my LDL is now 169, and a month ago it was 189 and below 99 is preferable, and my triglycerides are 176, and were a month ago 184 below 149 is where it should be, my LDL ratio went down to 3.3 from 3.4, below 3.2 is where that should be, so they did actually go down a little bit!
And even without those above medications and the Gabapentin, my liver enzymes are still elevated, and actually higher than last month's at 2.4 for my A/G ratio, last month it was 2.2 and below that was normal. My ALT (SGPT) was in July 47 but now it is 49, and 32 and below is normal!
Even my GFR for the kidneys has dropped once again, but still in the normal range, just at 62, when below 60 is stage three again! Last month it was up to 69! Talk about a wild ride!

I do see my internist at the end of the week to discuss these findings and to see what could or should be done if needed.
My liver enzymes have been high since January, and I have had six blood tests since then all showing that, even with the supposed meds stopped in June that were thought to be causing the problem, and now even slightly worse, so I do believe something has to be done to find out more. An ultrasound at the least, a biopsy at the most.
I guess no clinical trials for MS meds are in my near future... oh darn, no damn!

Happy good night all!

Count those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!



No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Be in the know!

Speaking My Mind: Be in the know! :   The presidential candidates are tied!   New Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows why Biden-Trump rematch is st...