Monday, January 14, 2019

Today

I had my follow-up pain center appointment for my RFA=Radiofrequency Ablation : https://www.visittoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Thoracic-RFA-Brochure-PDF-2016.pdf
That I had had in November.
Although, on December 19.2018 I had fallen out of the shower hitting my head into the vanity and my back onto the hard tile floor as well as my right elbow I had hit trying to break the fall.
I could tell that I did not have a concussion, since I have had them before, as well as broken bones and my elbow did not appear broken either.
My upper torso, the thoracic region until then I thought had been improving due to the RFA, but now the same location was very sore in spite of, and at the time still being on the 1800 mg. of gabapentin that since then I have diminished extremely by tapering, not weaning, myself down to as of today 200 mg. in the morning and 200 mg. at bedtime. The plan is that next week I will be down to 100 mg. in the morning and night again 100 mg., and the following week all done without anymore!

The only reason for the reduction is to determine if my tremor and nystagmus are being caused by the gabapentin or the Multiple sclerosis?
So as my pain persists icing is all I can do, since anti-inflammatories cause for me stomach ulcers and Tylenol with my fatty liver is not advised nor my CKD. And opioids and I never ever did get along, thank heavens! Even when prescribed them after stomach surgery I returned them!

So Dr. Valente, the pain doctor, an anesthesiologist, has given me three prescriptions for two sets of rib/chest/thoracic X-rays and one lumbar MRI all due to my fall to rule out cracked ribs, since my pain has not diminished that much, odd since all I have read there is not anything you can do for them, i.e. cracked ribs. I have that appointment for tomorrow.

The lumbar MRI I suppose is to check on how my lumbar stenosis has progressed; I had been diagnosed with DDD= Degenerative Disc Disease when in my early forties, and spinal stenosis not that long after.

After there we stopped for Hubby so he could pick up his new Norelco electric razor at Bed Bath and Beyond with the 20% off coupon and another coupon for his cashew nuts that he loves.

We stopped at Arby's drive thru for their classic roast beef sandwiches that we hadn't had in years. I had decided to call the MRI place while on line to see if I could get my x-rays and MRI also done before we went home, but they were all booked except if I just wanted just the x-rays, MRIs were booked, so I took tomorrow instead for all of it. I had waited nearly a month so why not one more day!

Happy good night all!

Count your blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Soldiering on...!

Speaking My Mind: Soldiering on...! :   Individuals with Multiple Sclerosis affecting white matter, or those who have had minor strokes may ...