Sunday, January 13, 2019

Friday

Backtracking due to needing to keep track?
I know redundancy at its finest, my signature, ha! (Alright, I could have said to keep a record. Now that I think of it!)

Any-who, Friday I awoke early before six A.M. as per my usual, and went into the kitchen to get my morning medications as well as my coffee to wash them down.
After I always go to my laptop/ computer/ ideapad to check whatever I might need to know or missed.
When I saw an email from my nephrologist's office reminding me that I was to go in on 1/11/19 for my blood work two weeks before my appointment! So I checked the corner of the screen and sure enough Friday was 1/11/19, the day that it was!
I only took a very small sip of my coffee, black with stevia, and anyway this was to test kidney function not for glucose A1c. I checked my order slip that had been mailed to me and nothing was said about the test being fasting or not, so I erred on the side of care and refrained from putting anything more in my mouth and got into the shower and readied myself to go.
It was around nine by the time my entourage, Hubby and the furry kids, were also ready.
I had a feeling the place would be busy due to it being in season that meaning all snowbirds were down for their winter retreats and ills.
I counted ten before me, the reason I counted is because Hubby was waiting out in the car with the crew and asked me via text.
And so we did text back and forth it seemed constantly with me giving full reports in between my Spider Solitaire and Dominoes games, and texting an old friend that I had recently started talking to again.
For me the time went not that slowly, but just when Hubby suggested I ask at the desk at LabCorp, I had already decided to do that, since I had lost count due to the heavy influx of people continually coming in. At first the woman at the desk was short and curt and told me it would be an hour wait. I said I have been here nearly that long and then she asked me my name and said they were two ahead of me, and that was another fifteen minutes until I was actually taken.
I informed Hubby, and my friend when I went in.

LabCorp has patient accessibility to your test results online, but not until the doctor receives them.
For the heck of it I did check and according to online the doctor was sent them immediately, which can mean that everything is okay, or there is a problem! The porthole also tells you when you can view your results and mine will be available mid week.
A week and a half before I see the doctor, good for me if I have any questions.
It was ten thirty before we got out of LabCorp our plan was to acquire a drive thru brunch, we brought our own coffees so it would be some sort of breakfast sandwich, but Hubby checked and most fast food places cut off breakfast at ten thirty and we were out of luck!
Although, Taco Bell had burrito breakfast sandwiches of eggs and bacon or sausage, and at this point we decided that was fine.
Hubby wanted to try our Sears before they closed forever to see if there was anything he needed from there, a battery for a tool he had, a new shaver and a lawn mower blade, he also thought maybe they would have some deals?
It was my turn to wait in the car with our furry kids.
He came back quite fast and said now he recalled why they were going out of business their prices were twice as high as Home Depot and Lowes and Walmart!
I suppose they want to let items rot in someone else's warehouse?
Our destination was the park, but instead of Gilchrist again we were closer to our own Beach Complex and that is where we went!
We arrived home in time for my only watched soap opera, General Hospital, it was cliffhanger Friday! If nothing else I try to see it Monday when the cliffhangers are resolved and Fridays when they gotcha!
But by that evening I was physically exhausted and in pain too. My eyes have a tendency to get worse in sunlight and my ankles swell in my chair in spite of my three days a week on Lasix.

Yesterday, I was pooped too, thus only a short pictorial.
Today we stayed home.
Thus my ability to write all this.
I did make homemade Latkes with homemade apple sauce for dinner.
But that is about it...

Happy good night all!

Count those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!





No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Time and life past quickly...

Speaking My Mind: Time and life past quickly... :   ...Faster than we tend to realize...! "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery,...