Saturday, December 8, 2018

What type of comfort food helps you in life?

Alright that was presumptuous of me to assume that you would need any kinds of food to satiate your moods dealing with daily life?
Forgive, besides assume as we all know means making an ass of u and me, assume!

Any-who,  I find that Chinese cuisine has always been my goto food for calming my short circuit wiring of mine!
I must admit it is only at times that the necessity occurs, thankfully!
Many might think to my recent growing size that it would be more frequent, but no that is a misnomer.

So tonight after the not great day health wise that I had Hubby succumbed to my choice of Chinese food from our favorite China City.
Hubby has ordered a Pu Pu platter, while I have ordered for both of us a large egg drop soup and lobster lo mien for me that I will be sharing, it only comes in large when it used to be either small or large, oh well. Sometimes more IS better!

Due to the, "snowbirds", being back in our sunny Florida the wait for pick up that in the summer is only ten minutes is now wait for it....TWENTY MINUTES!
Years ago, Hubby decided to pick up from all these places that deliver.
To him it's like getting an enormous discount on take out, and after all it is called "take out" for a reason, hmmm?
Interesting factoid: for my Yankee friends who might not know that in the UK it is called "take-away", so logical!

Last night I did make broiled salmon 8 minutes on each side, and mixed frozen, but also zapped veggies for just a minute in the microwave, as well as the very large sweet potato we shared also zapped though for 5 minutes in the microwave! Less than twenty minutes for a very healthy meal!
And this morning I made blueberry pancakes from scratch!
Hubby made lunch, now dear Jewish friends and relatives for he made grilled cheese with bacon and tomato delish! I can hear you all saying YUCK! But it was really very, very good!

Happy good night all!

Count those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

Hubby is home with dinner!

Last night pictures of the sunset over Charlotte Harbor before the artificial light show, cannot beat nature!


 



No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought...

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought... :   ...I had tPA, which is the older medication they used.. .tPA (Tis...