Friday, December 7, 2018

I took my ninth dosage of 40mg. Copaxone today, since I went back on it...

It is a three day a week injectable that I had been on for nearly a decade when last April I was taken off of it due to it appearing to having a negative effect on my injection sites that is seven: both upper arms and thighs, hips and tummy, as if doing the Macarena.

This November, just last month is when my exacerbation began, and so I was immediately put on infusions of Solumedrol for three days and when I asked about retaking Copaxone after, since I still had a month's worth left in the fridge, I was told that I should and so I did.

For the first two weeks I was fine; though this week on Monday I had an odd reaction that I did not attribute to the Copaxone, my hands and feet went very cold and up and down my arms and legs felt as if they were very very cold to the point of causing pain into my bones! So I shivered and warmed myself under the covers, and thought great another problem/symptom! The symptoms eventually subsided within hours, and it never occurred to me that it had anything to do with the Copaxone, since that never happened in all those years I was using it... Wednesday was my second dosage and I ruined it in its automatic injector. I had forgotten to take the plug out so my dosage was not correctly 40mg. perhaps less than half that, so nothing negative happened and no, I did not think anything like that at the time. By today, Friday I did take the proper 40mg. dosage and shortly after the freeze was on! It had started once again with my hands and then my feet and then like cold water rushing up and down all four limbs, but pushing painfully harshly on my bones!

So I called Shared Solutions the "support" for their product, yes, they work for the manufacturer TEVA they even have nurses there to answer questions and to come to you for teaching proper injection methods.
I asked if anyone had mentioned this side effect?
She checked and said no, and suggested I call my neurologist/doctor... next!

It was too late, Dr. Montoya's office was having half days this week and it was two minutes to one P.M. and by the time I called they were long gone!
It is Friday, that means Monday when I am next scheduled for the next dose I will have to call and ask what they thought of what happened?
And hope someone gets back to me, sooner rather than later... I hate having NO CONTROL!
I do have an appointment that I was able to move up to next week with the PA instead of the M.D., so frustrated by my fingers dancing with my eyes!

Good news this is going to be published early due to our busy night!
Our itinerary: eat dinner check!
                       finish blog! Almost there!
                       Board the Miss"T"2! NEXT!
The Hanukkah/Christmas lights are aglow up and down the canals already so the show has begun!

Happy good night all!

Count those blessing and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

Happy Holidays All!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that...

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that... : ...my kidneys are fine! So are, my liver, and pancreas I don't have a gallbladder anymore, surg...