Friday, December 28, 2018

I think in the New Year of 2019 I am going to be much more selective with picking my ...

...  battles to post here.

But until then I have another rhetorical question...why would a medical complex stay open with non-medical personnel, at least that when you ask them any questions even after putting you on hold they come back with stating there is no one there who can answer that question... hard one, "Whether or not to continue to taper off my use of gabapentin or wait to see the doctor!?", that when called are unable to give you any discernible medical information and all they can do is apologize for that!?
And I am NOT talking about answering services this was a so-called medical tech???
Not even a, "doctor or nurse", on call?

Any-who, why pay all those people to do nothing?
Thus, in my mind more reasons why premiums are going up higher and higher!
Anger adrenalin is seething inside of me!
But no greenish skin yet...THE HULK folks, get it? HA!
Perhaps, that adrenalin will work in my favor with helping with my pain?

Yup, I have diminished my gabapentin use by half, from 1800 mg. down to 900mg. and tonight I was going to go down another 300 mg. to 600 mg. daily!
But for two reasons I hesitated: first is due to the pain that I am experiencing from my fall last Wednesday and second is that I still have my tremors and nystagmus that were accused of being caused by the gabapentin my research also had it as the cause too, and so I called my two physicians, Dr. Valente at SW Florida Pain Center, as well as Dr. Montoya's, who is my neurologist and her infusion nurse Angie, and she was the first again to return my call.

They seem to feel that the gabapentin might be causing the nystagmus and tremor more so, but until I get completely off of the gabapentin I will not know for sure. They did want to give me Lyrica instead for the pain and I had been offered that before, but due to my asthma and weight, it does make you eat even more than the gabapentin that does too! But Lyrica is dangerous with people with respiratory issues and my asthma will not allow me to have that, my elevated liver enzymes will not allow even Tylenol for pain!
Gabapentin had been my safe goto pain medication, now ice alone?
I do ice all my painful spots!
Although, that alone probably will not cut it!

Confused and wanting a logical response; confusion is easy to come by these days.
I suppose I will continue  with my tapering of the gabapentin and see what happens.

Dr. LK Valente of SW Florida Pain Center, Sabrina his medical assistant said he will be back by Thursday to ask. He was the doctor this time who prescribed the gabapentin.

This is personal this battle of mine for my health, for myself, and to verify no more harm will come to me. We are our own best advocates!

Meanwhile, Dr. Casanova the internist who never once returned my calls while I pleaded for insulin for my rising glucose going towards 400, and all he told his nurse Maggie was to tell me to go to the hospital if it went too high! I did call prior to that, and told him that my own history was why I knew I would need the insulin! I only have a diabetic reaction during Solumedrol infusions for the exacerbations of MS and that has been seven times since 2009, otherwise I am NOT a diabetic! But all previous internists gave me the insulin to prevent going to the hospital! So the hospital could get nearly 8K from Medicare instead of the doctor just writing a prescription for insulin, priced for me with insurance at $6.71! Thankfully, no charge to me from the hospital due to my insurances including my supplemental, but it is the principle of the whole thing! So Hubby suggested I not answer the robo call last night verifying the appointment made months ago for this morning for Dr. Casanova. Hubby reminded me that he couldn't call you, so do not call him! I was tempted to call and tell him that he was FIRED!
But instead, I hung up on the robo call last night, and I did not call this morning!
We, Hubby and I have a new internist as of January anyway.

Debbie DOWNER LIVES!
Sadly inside of me.

Happy good night all!

Count those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Knowing is half the battle....

Speaking My Mind: Knowing is half the battle.... :   So yesterday I went to the new Nurse practitioner. New to me not to the doctor, just he...