Friday, November 9, 2018

Went to the hospital or got insulin from Walmart or Publix RX due to high insulin readings or... maybe it went down to normal without any intervention?

Glucose so far 289 @ 1 P.M., dropped down to 192 @ 3 P.M. watching, only took it so close together due to being so high for the first one; so far no insulin, due to Dr. Casanova's refusal. Walmart and Publix RX has no prescription needed insulin that Hubby will get if needed. I had contacted both doctors around 1 P.M. and 1:30 P.M. Got both services, one a person and the other a recording neither called back yet! Prior answers from doctors were to just go to hospital for insulin!
I had had my first of three days IV infusion of 500 mg. of Solumedrol, half of what I got in the old days this morning at my neuro's infusion office!
This might post early if I have to go to the hospital!
Or now other options.

Or normal varied time with insulin from Walmart or Publix RX if it works and I stay home.
I had taken one more at 5:00 P.M. also, and it is back up to 288!

According to the out dated insulin bottle from last years infusion that says 250-300 you should take 4 units of insulin, Geez I have NONE!
Heard back from the RN Neurology nurse Angie who gave me the infusion of 500 Mg. of Solumedrol this morning, they do not prescribe insulin only my internist can do that, and so far I have not heard back from Dr. Casanova or anyone from his office! I had called at 1 P.M. after the first glucose check of 289!
Back to RN Angie she was very kind and suggested going to the walk-in clinic instead of the hospital we talked for about forty-five minutes about everything, meanwhile we found out that Publix RX also has insulin for $135 that you do not need a prescription for either, Hubby checked on that, he did not get Walmart's price for the same.
My insurance is good for full coverage at the hospital as well as the walk in clinic where doctors are, but not necessarily at Publix Rx or Walmart logically due to no physician approval.
So their prices are out of pocket.
Usually a no-brainer decision.

Happy good night all!

Count those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought...

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought... :   ...I had tPA, which is the older medication they used.. .tPA (Tis...