Thursday, October 25, 2018

If it's Thursday it must be my internist?


And it was; that is Thursday and my scheduled appointment with Dr. Casanova, my internist.

Interestingly since my triglycerides are with a high of 188 with norms being from 0-149 and my LDL Cholesterol Calc  with a high of 169 with norms that are 0-99, and a total cholesterol 257 too high, with norms being 100-199 so total cholesterol all quite high, and my liver enzymes still not right with my ALT (SGPT) 57 when norms are 0-32, and my AST (SGOT) 42, not as bad with norms from 0-40. And so I am as of tonight going back on nightly my Simvastatin 40 mg. and Fenofibrate 160 mg. both cholesterol medications in spite of my dx of or because of my fatty liver diagnosis... talk about CRAZY! All as per Dr. Casanova who along with me decided
to take me off of them in June due to too high liver enzymes! What a roller coaster ride!
The nurse in the hospital handed this to me in recovery after my endoscopy and endoscopy with ultrasound this past Monday.:

This was explained to me that since the doctor could not inform my person with me they decided this is the way to inform me of my diagnosis...not exactly usual! Hubby was at home with our furry kids for the two hours plus time I would be all of one and half miles away from him!
They easily could have called him, they did have our landline and cell numbers!

Good news is that now that my GFR is 70, that has to do with kidney function with being below 60 is the problem, mine had been fifty a few times, but now my kidneys are normal once again, and I do not have high blood pressure nor high glucose mine was 90 once again, a very normal fasting number; above one hundred is where the trouble begins! But the three times a week Lasix with potassium I was put on from the nephrologist will continue since it is also recommended for liver disease and my internist said he will keep me on it! No more nephrology appointments!

My Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease issues are all caused by my obesity, cholesterol and thyroid, yes I do have controlled hypothyroidism disease, but by taking a mere 75 mcg. of levothyroxine daily, for nearly a decade now it is good! Once my cholesterol comes down hopefully my oddly enough liver enzymes may come down too? Who knows! It's a crap shoot! (Excuse the expression.) Deje Vu... this sounds the reverse of what was discussed in June... OH WELL! We will see what we will see... I get more blood work in two months and another internist visit then too.

Happy good night all!

Count those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!












No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Other than news!

Speaking My Mind: Other than news! :   ...Our lives and welcome to it!... So yesterday I went to, PT, physical therapy, and due to taking my...