Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Ended up back in Cape Coral again today.

Phone, cell, mine.
It wouldn't hold a charge.
So I called Consumer Cellular on our landline, and they said that they would have a tech meet us at the Target, but not our local one, the one in Cape Coral.
And my phone had two more months of warranty and if it couldn't be fixed they would get me a new phone!
Not bad to take the fifty-two mile round trip for that win, win type of possibility, so we went.
Hubby stayed in the car with the furry kids after he got my chair out and I went in.
Jonel, the tech tested it immediately and then called Consumer Cellular back, and said that it will not work, confirming that, and saying that it could not be fixed.
Asking on my behalf for the new phone, and Becky on the phone said that she would check the warranty, and that this particular problem was not covered!

Well, what could I say... I guess that it is a good thing that we aren't into those several hundred to thousands of dollars type phones, ours are Motorola Androids that cost around a hundred, to $124.99, and yes that is what I ended up doing was buying another phone, oh pooh! What else could we do?
Not fun, but it could have been worse, more expensive would have been.
I only wish I knew what the cause of the problem was to not repeat it! Jonel did not know.

Moving on...

The day had begun with that, but also more itty bitty stuff that makes you wonder why bother to try to keep on going in life but we do, sure we do, what else can we do?
Hubby might not like me mentioning this but you all know me... but surrounding his eyes he has had small cysts near both of his eyes as well as droopy lids that the eye surgeon wanted to remove after he had his cataracts taken care of last year, but as time went on he changed his mind and since they were benign issues he felt it was unnecessary!
Fast forward to this past Saturday, and Hubby mowed the lawn, but this time, although wearing safety glasses to protect the eyes they did not come over the entire cysts on his right side of that eye, and horrifically something shot from the mower hitting that outer eye location, and Hubby's soft tissue surrounding his right eye swelled up and nearly closed his eye!
He felt taking Benedryl and warm compresses was all he needed, but by Sunday it looked worse and hurt badly.
I wanted him to go to the hospital, but again he refused and said if by Tuesday he wasn't any better he would go to the doctor. Holiday weekend and all, second string doctors were in or some such idea he had said.
I was angry that he wouldn't listen to reason, and so I Googled all remedies he could at least let me try... the warm compress was one of those.
And he also applied the ophthalmic antibiotic outer eye ointment that he had gotten for the cysts so long ago, fortunately it was still good till next year, 2019.
Any-who, Monday he gave in and called his insurance company to see which was more cost effective the walk in clinic or the hospital ER, see this is the way he thinks, I guess I do too... anyway the clinic was actually a quarter the price of the ER, since he has different insurance than I, mine would be free.
So he went, and the wait was not at all!
The doctor took him nearly right away and prescribed two antibiotics for a broad spectrum reaction and told him to continue the warm compresses. Fortunately, a Walmart Community store was in the same shopping center and open, because Publix, Walgreens and CVS were closed for the holiday!

Hubby agreed to explore again the possibility of what he felt was, "cosmetic surgery", and silly to at least go in after he is better in ten days time for a consultation.

The dilemma this morning was my back and nausea and dizzy was also acting up, and with the antibiotics Hubby was on saying that he had to stay out of the sun!
Yup, not much rain for today, and the threesome, he, Aussie and Bella would be sitting in an air-conditioned car, though in a usually very sunny parking lot.
I was willing to chuck the whole phone problem away, but Hubby encouraged me to take care of it, and so we/I did, but came home right after!
Good days, bad days... gotta go on...!
Things need to be done.
Other things can wait.
I need a housekeeper and Hubby needs a gardener/lawn guy, but in reality we can't afford either, so we plug on. Maybe a grass cutter person, who knows, perhaps?

Happy good night all!

Count those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

PS Hubby is on the mend, swelling has gone down considerably, and he feels a bit better, after all it is only one day on the meds.



No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Time and life past quickly...

Speaking My Mind: Time and life past quickly... :   ...Faster than we tend to realize...! "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery,...