Thursday, August 16, 2018

Registration glitch

I am embarrassed to say that I made a genuine inconveinient faux pas.
On July 30, 2018 I went online and filled out the form to commit to a party affiliation to vote in the primaries, prior to that as a non-partisan registered voter we in the state of Florida were unable to vote for more than the minimal of classifications of candidates.
And sadly, when I called a week ago I did receive an in home ballot to vote, but it was not for the party I registered for, it still had me as a registered non-partisan voter, ugh!
So me being me called the local county registration office, and was annoyed and upset with my own stupidity!
According to the form I filled out online for that very last day allowed to register or change your affiliation, which is what I thought I had done, but oh no!
I missed one very important step, you had to not only register online, but you had to mail in the form once copied before midnight that day or deliver it in person that last day!
Then I asked them what is the purpose of having the so-called convenience of filling out the form online???????????????? 
Am I wrong?
I guess so.
Since I am still on record as I have been for years as a registered non-partisan voter!
Not a party affiliated one!
So now I have prepared my "application", by signing it, to be mailed out tomorrow, as well as the three items ballot that I have the privilege as well to send in via stamps, one for each, so a dollars' worth of freedom to vote, hmm? Once they have my "application", I will be able to completely vote on the party affiliated ballot that I will be receiving via mail whenever that will be!
Sure we could drop them off there, but I have decided since this weather is so darn horrendous, so very hot or pouring down rain at any given time of day or night...that mailing them out is more preferable!

Happy good night all!
Count those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Interesting turn of events!

Speaking My Mind: Interesting turn of events! :   It turns out that I do not need anyone to take care of my pressure ulcer of the sacral reg...