Wednesday, August 15, 2018

I know, it's a bit excessive ...but useful stretching meals ideas at the end though...!


I really don't know if it is fascinating or upsetting?
The fluctuations have been since this morning usually due to a slight breeze causing the temperatures to recede very slightly. And even though one of the 105 feels like temps was early this morning I was not quick enough to capture it to my dismay, the one displayed here is this after noon. I suppose I should have one of those Go Pro cameras that I am not quite clear on why they are sooooo special!  As you may notice if you tap to enlarge these photos that they are in feels like numerical order not in time of day order, just an interesting little factoid, hmm? Makes no sense. Ha!



                                                   No wind below, see that is why 105?

It's nice to have a hobby, I guess. HA!

Moving on...

Interesting little stretch the meals concept with one meal turning into three totally different ones...Last night I had made a meatloaf with chopped meat, weighing about a pound and a quarter, and into that chopped meat loaf I put into it Panko with a splash of milk (for Kosher friends water will do) an egg, dried onion flakes, garlic powder, basil, oregano, and blended them all together with the chopped beef, topped with tomato sauce and put it into a Pam sprayed glass loaf pan into a 350 degrees convection oven until it reached the internal temperature of 160 degrees!
Served with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies! EAT!

And of course that was way too much meat for one meal and so for lunch today to half of that  leftover meatloaf I added one can of stewed tomatoes that had been mashed up in my mini food processor, next added in a can of baked beans not mashed, ha, and to all that some cumin, chili powder and pepper flakes, voila with meal two being chili! Topped with sliced/shredded cheddar or sour cream/Greek yogurt, or both, and we had leftover taco chips taste great too in it... Comer!

Meal three for dinner... I turned the remainder of the chopped meat into a bolognese sauce by adding more of your favorite tomato sauce and this time upping the ingredients with zapping a quarter of a medium chopped onion, two small cloves of chopped garlic and a healthy handful of frozen mushroom also chopped all to saute in extra virgin olive oil, then adding all, including basil and oregano to the meat sauce and simmering to blend all flavors for about a half an hour, at the last minute adding a splash of lemon and a smidge of sugar, spooned over quickie four minutes cooked angel hair pasta, and served with homemade garlic bread and salad! Mangia!  

Happy good night all!
Remember to count those blessings and we will too!
And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought...

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought... :   ...I had tPA, which is the older medication they used.. .tPA (Tis...