Friday, August 10, 2018

Did you ever feel that anyone you knew might be in need of a Thesaurus to perhaps speak with...

more confidence and to spin their tales more interestingly?
That does seem a bit bizarre to think that of a close family member or a friend, hmm?
But a boss, or a co-worker, a mayor, a governor and or even oh yes a PRESIDENT should somehow have a handle on their vocabulary and be able to express themselves with words that are more mature and not sounding like a parent or spouse discussing your acumen as being, "a tough cookie", ya think?
The actual quote was, in introducing DeSantis a Florida Republican, (of course) running for governor and inviting him on stage, Mr. Trump called him a "tough, brilliant cookie".
I sit corrected again. 
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tampa-trump-rally-florida-state-fairgrounds-today-2018-07-31-live-stream-updates/

And he also used the favorite bakery item to describe the leader/dictator of North Korea as a, "Smart cookie". WHAT?????????????
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-kim-jong-un_us_5906f2a5e4b05c397680864c

Perhaps I am wrong about this man ... (not really),  he might not need a Thesaurus after all only a visit to a local bakery for COOKIES!
Analogies, might be telling of a persons character or maybe just their tummy circumference?
Subliminally, I think he is telling the world that he is not getting his fair share of COOKIES!
But I could be wrong, I have been wrong before. Or could he be the true Cookie Monster????????

These are two of the more benign things this person, pres DJ AKA Orange Frothy Haired Guy AKA Mr. T. Although, his ability to hypnotize a too large portion of our country into following his hate and racism and all other ridiculous ideas due to his feelings of paranoia, and watching too many Sci-fi shows, movies or playing their games or what-have-you! Since now, besides wanting a "WALL" to keep out aliens, he wants a sixth military unit called the Space Cadets or some such name that again will have stratospheric costs for all of us taxpayers to provide protection from the countries he just tried schmoozing! Our enemies! Be nice to the ones that used to like us! And don't we already have an Air Force, I thought air and space are nearly synonymous?

As we all know he has got major issues!

Everyday, I mark my words, and try not to be a "bully" with expressing my true feelings for this administration, since that would be doing things the same as they are i.e "being a bully".
So true.
The irony is Melania, that she sometimes in her thought processes and actions when she contradicts what he has spewed forth it makes her seem so sane and nearly likable. She defies him in almost every way, and comes across as very strong, most recently with getting her parents' citizenship, are they a ever going to talk to one another??????????
Maybe they don't ever, and that is good.
She wants to stop bullying, perhaps due to too much in her home? Has that campaign taken off?
She still remains a bit of an enigma in so many ways after nearly a year and half under the microscope.

So many wondrous, frightening things are more than likely happening behind the scenes in that home... OUR WHITE HOUSE,  it makes you almost care.

Enough already!

Moving on...

I made a commitment for the first time in years, as of this year I changed my status from no political affiliation, which in our state had prevented me from voting in the primaries, to now defining myself as a DEMOCRAT and enabling me to vote in the primary!
Although, my leanings have always been, and I even was registered years ago as one, I tried hard not to vote without looking into the candidates thoroughly and whether what party they were with if I agreed with what they had to offer then I would I vote for them!
And yes, in the forty-seven years that I have been a registered voter I have voted for a few Republicans; maybe two or three times! Shocking! I know... maybe just surprising?

Oh the age for voting way back then was set at twenty-one, and did not change to eighteen until 1971 when Amendment XXVI to OUR Constitution was passed, just in time for my twenty-first birthday!
Oddly enough as a nineteen year old college journalism student my paper that year in 1969 was about giving the vote to eighteen year olds! JFK and FDR had both been for it too; I had found out in my research! So happy that it did finally pass. I did get an A+ on that paper from my professor, Beatrice Cole.

Our freedom to vote is undeniably one of our most treasured abilities as Americans, so use it wisely, and vote as often as you legally can! I do, and will be able to more frequently now!

Happy good night all!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

PS Hubby did not change his commitment of being non politically affiliated, due to his strong feelings and I respect that. We are married forty-seven and a half years and we do not share one brain, only sometimes! Ha! It can be helpful at times...HAHAHA! But true.

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Knowing is half the battle....

Speaking My Mind: Knowing is half the battle.... :   So yesterday I went to the new Nurse practitioner. New to me not to the doctor, just he...