Sunday, August 19, 2018

After yesterday...

today was rather quiet.
I am happy to report that our newest member of our family appears to have been unjustly maligned by Collier County Animal Control when they called her aggressive, since this is day two and she has been as even tempered as any furry baby you can wish for, and to top it all off, she is HOUSEBROKEN! And has not had any accidents! And has gone both ways outside, numerous times, thank you very much!
Getting her to eat was a little more of an effort than I thought it would be though. We found by Googling that even at her age of three years old and due to Bella being of two toy breeds, Maltese and Yorkshire Terrier that three one quarter cups of food a day, split like that for three meals, totaling 3/4 of a cup a day is fine, as if she were a puppy, is OKAY!
With our other dogs for years, when we had the three, we had automatic feeders that they ate from all day long, and never had any fat dogs... these days they make it so complicated! Really!

So that is what I started to do is feed her the recommended amount, but today the "meant well project" began falling short, that is until I added a little bit of pumpkin to her kibbles! Then she gobbled them up! But for only breakfast and dinner, lunch meal turned into dinner.

She again is lying alongside me as I write tonight.
I do believe that she does have the makings of a legitimate emotional support pet!
Her non-hyper demeanor, allowing herself to be petted at anytime, and the fact that she sits so well on my lap no matter where we go when in my wheel chair, and carried by anyone.
I do not know the criteria; I will have to look that up.
Oh and both of her breeds do not shed, but do have to be groomed.
Though, when I had our two Yorkies I cut their hair and had bathed them both weekly, since their hair was straight like Bella's, together they weighed about the same as tiny Bella, Benji was seven pounds and Brandi was three, Bella is about nine and half pounds, on her paperwork! We should have weighed her while there yesterday, but we both forgot to.
Oh and I am giving Aussie plenty of attention too!
I do believe he is adjusting to giving up his "only" furry child status, ha.

Happy good night all!

Count those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!


No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Thinking can at times get you into trouble... and ...

Speaking My Mind: Thinking can at times get you into trouble... and ... :   All AI Below ...Just me, anyway. That's what thinking out lo...