Tuesday, August 7, 2018

A cute idea fail, or maybe just not that great!

Below is Hubby and my attempt and silly idea to give you an idea how far you are from other famous locales, but the cuteness concept is as the crow flies in mileage. And that hard to see from these pics grey rectangular shaped box on each arrow is with actual photos of a crow in flight, see cutesy!
Seven in all, since that was how many pieces of cedar fence stock Hubby had available for this project, so without further ado here is the list in no particular order:

1. Tahiti 5469 mi.

2.Tampa 71 mi.

3. Miami 143 mi.

4. L.A. 2189 mi.

5. NYC 1056 mi.

6. Key West 168 mi.

7. Chicago 1077 mi.

All from their distance from here with their arrows loosely pointing in their directions.
People now don't go (verbally) ballistic on me as I said these are how far they are from Port Charlotte Florida as the crow flies! Here's the site for the fun of it!

If you desire to have some harmless fun too!


 How we all enjoyed the TV show MASH, and remembered their concoction of signs, and this I suspect is a weird form of homage to that? And then the amusement parks have such signs too.

Any-who, the concept is not new, and people supposedly castaways on deserted islands have been known to etched into drift wood similar hopeful places that may be able to find them?

YEP MOVIES!
Not real life, escapism... what a concept, hmm?
Just another place to go when reality gets you down.

Happy good night all!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

*And yes, we are slowly decorating our tiki hut with odd and different art/craft concepts, the palm frond that is in there was painted by my cousin way back in 2004 and given to us as a gift back then, and he got the idea from one of our many art festivals. And that is how long I have had it on top of my desk bookcase in the sunroom.
My hanging Tiki Hut wooden plaque in Paradise sign was also decoupaged with clip art of tiki symbols off of the net, today's directional signs too were decoupaged. I can still cut out typing paper, but my calligraphy skills stink, so I let my old Word Program print it out on our old computer, using any font I want. Sadly the clip art doesn't work on it anymore, but I use my newer laptop or phone and then print from there the free ones.

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Know what?

Speaking My Mind: Know what? :   I'm not adding fuel to the fire Netanyahu has!  Bing Videos An airstrike kills 20 in central Gaza and f...