Saturday, June 30, 2018

Eve of another year.

That is of my aging will continue to happen tomorrow and beyond! (If I awake again tomorrow morning.) I share my birthday with some pretty awesome people, alive now and in the past Princess Diana, Liv Tyler, my cousin, and most are pretty darn great, but one that I saw that is the antithesis of awesome David Duke, yuck! But if interested read the rest I am in pretty great company! https://www.thefamouspeople.com/july-1st.php

My age doesn't matter to me, since I do understand that others are concerned about the number, and chant "age is just a number"! So why not just shout it out into the rafters, like I do!
Only one more one half day to not be the same age as Hubby, as of tomorrow we will be the same age, although in November he becomes again a year older, YAY!

I always say I am proud of that number getting larger yearly, only if for no other reason is that the alternative of it not growing yearly is it stopping forever! DEATH, is the only alternative to not getting older as we all know.
And alas I am getting too old to think of dying young as a way of being beautifully immortal in anyone's eyes!
For that ship has sailed away long ago!
So as I go on this journey, of a lifetime, so very trite... I ask myself daily how to make the most of each and every day.
Many find working hard till the end, others do not feel the necessity to, many have no choice, and some do.
Preferences are as different as the people who make them.
Hobbies are great.
Volunteering is wonderful and kind hearted.
Physical activities are terrific.
Individuality is what being older is, allowing for yourself and others to understand, a very personal choice, what we do with our well deserved time.
You would think as we make that journey people on both ends of the spectrum would understand... some do, some don't.
Being judgmental is exhausting and a waste of yours and my time.
Let's all make a pact to help the world towards resolving these hard times, since that alone benefits us all in the long-run.
Exteriors do not matter, what is inside does.
Our human being legacy to each other! LET IT SHOW!

Well, if you must know, I am more than sure most of my old northern chums know, since either they have already arrived at this primo age or are almost there.... drum roll please......


68 is my new number as of 6:30 P.M. tomorrow; Mom always had said that I was polite enough to wait till after she and my Dad had their dinners to arrive! HA!

And as we all know that was the last time that I was ever polite again, ha!
Like I told the doctor's nurse when I mentioned I had asked their receptionist not to call me "honey" that I felt that it was not business like, her retort was that many older patients like it, my rebuke was  because their generation was taught to be polite and not say anything and ours was taught to be honest!
Okay, okay, now before you all start saying that isn't true remember who your parents were, and mine were possibly ten to fifteen years older than yours, hmm? In other words I had pretty much free reign being raised by in those days people that were the age of many grandparents back then, ya think?
Now people are still having babies into their fifties, CRAZY! Oops that was judgmental, forgive.

So I still contend people in their eighties are of the ilk of allowing people more leeway/acceptance in conversations, than many Baby Boomers are, not all, but many.
Now all I am going to say is we are entitled to our own opinions, okay!

On that note allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night!
And pray I awake... in time to celebrate!
KIDDING!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: OUCH!

Speaking My Mind: OUCH! :     For some reason I am having stomach pains, considering I no longer have a stomach, just a small pouch, it is q...