Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Anyone have any ideas how to entertain...

A seven month old mini Aussie when it's too hot, hot, hot to go outside?
Sure he goes out to take care of his business, relieve himself, but then immediately turns around to go back inside, no dawdling, happy for that, since it's way too, must I repeat myself...HOT,HOT,HOT!!!

And as with most youngins two or four legged ones he has quite a bit of pent up energy that needs to find an outlet!
Our sunroom/den has a long narrowness to it and I told Hubby we could set up his tunnel and hurdle from his agility set, the slalom poles have to be dug into the ground, so they won't work there, as one idea for exercise/play.

Sadly, Hubby and my thermostats are way different and with the indoor central air-conditioner thermostat set on 76 degrees F, Hubby gets cold and actually covers himself up with one of our fleece throws and I end up in bed with the fan on too! Ice packs included, oh alright I cannot sit out there too long, since my body doesn't do very well in that position, sitting upright. Still waiting on the good part of the cervical RFA to kick in.

I used to close the doors in the hallway and throw Aussie's ball down it from my lounge chair in the living room and he would bring it back to me, but from where I am now it wouldn't work very well. Our bedroom is to the left end of the hallway, and so I pretty much, all I have, is the wall straight in front of me if I threw the ball straight out.

So any suggestions would be helpful.

Moving on...

I did accomplish his, Aussie's bath this morning easily. He very nearly followed me into the bathroom that used to be designated Hubby's bathroom, but that changed when he put the roll-in shower in it with the four foot bench seat all for my necessary use.

Now it's for Aussie too! I put a towel down on the seat so he doesn't slip on the marble, and have his soap right there in the corner of the seat, under my dispenser of my soap/shampoo/conditioner, his Hartz puppy shampoo without tears or some such name, purchased through chewy.com  He walked into the bathroom and I helped him with a shove onto the bench seat, and then I use the handheld sprayer and wet him down and then suds him up, and he sits there so sweetly like he really likes it, and then after the soap is all washed off I grab his towel off the toilet seat and dry him off mostly and he goes luny all over the house furniture drying himself some more and all he gets... besides being quite clean is three Milk Bones after! For being such a good boy!
Then I take my shower, since by then I am soaked anyway...ha!

From those weekly exploits this Wednesday I did go for my fasting blood work this morning, and headed right home.
Now we will see what we will see soon... I hope.

Resting now, again, most all of the time...!

Happy good night all!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Other than news!

Speaking My Mind: Other than news! :   ...Our lives and welcome to it!... So yesterday I went to, PT, physical therapy, and due to taking my...