Tuesday, June 19, 2018

So again with another boring doctor story...

Today, I did go to my internist, Dr. Luis Casanova, to discuss my liver blood work and how that was preventing me from being involved in a clinical trial for new Multiple sclerosis medication.
And so the bottom line was to get another newer blood work done as soon as possible to see if my numbers were going towards a more normal situation. So I have my prescription now to take into Labcorp for the fasting work up, and that is why I could not go today, I had already eaten.

The doctor was quite receptive to my reasoning, of being able to see if I can have a decent quality of life and my dilemma of the age thingy, with just two years to spare in the criteria meeting reason.

I had been a test subject before for medications for Fibromyalgia way back in the late 1990s and I would go up to Tampa Florida for that was where they had the grant at USF, University of South Florida Hospital, and at the time our younger son was a student there so I got my twofer to see both of my sons, Number One was already working up there too, having graduated from college. So the two hundred mile round trip was well worth the drive.

I was on off label stuff of everything from El-dopa to amphetamines/diet pills all under careful observation by Dr. Kannick, a rheumatologist. I had been diagnosed in 1994 with this then exoctic/foreign ill of that time called Fibromyalgia, by three different rheumatologists, one on the east coast, one on the west coast and then finally in Tampa all in Florida. Since then it has been misunderstood still by even other fields of medicine; I even had a neurologist tell me at the time that that is what they tell you when they haven't a clue with what you have...! And do you know what did finally help me in the long run was EXERCISE, causing those endorphins to kick in and I told the doctors this! Thus the gym rat era of my life with going five days a week, an hour and half each day! These days it is a well respected diagnosis and has many ways to be treated, but you must see a rheumatologist to be sure. Although, it did hold up the diagnosis of the MS since no one wanted to look further, saying all my symptoms were caused by the Fibromyalgia. MRIs and lesions are pretty definitive though as well as a neurological workup! Thus my final dx in April of 2006 MS! But I do believe I had it much longer than that.

Unfortunately, MS has created a heat sensitivity that disallows my previous exercises routine to work, plus balance issues, and falling due to that, and muscular syncope, unable to rise/stand after being in a sitting position for a while; thus the motorized wheelchair when out and about!

And yet I WILL NOT GIVE UP!

Moving on...

After the docs we went over to PetSmart and thought that Aussie might need his nails clipped, but not yet, he has had them done twice since we have had him these four months! And today we got a pretty accurate weight on him.... drum roll please...36lbs. at seven months! I did do a recheck of male mini Aussies and they can be as much as forty ponds, WOW! You have all seen him, he isn't fat, he is just right.

From PetSmart in the same connecting shopping area is Home Depot where Hubby picked up the angle irons/hurricane straps for the posts for the tiki hut. The two on the sea wall only will be getting a set of two each, the other posts on the land side are already embedded into cement.

Then off to Bed, Bath and Beyond for Hubby's cashews at 20% off, and then Best Buys for my early b'day present of earbuds for this one set fits both my laptop and my phone, Sony brand. Thanks Hubby... actually, for him self preservation, bad girl here watches Netflix and Youtube while in bed, now I can be stealth! HeeHee.

After that Hubby ran into Firehouse Subs for my Hook and Ladder salad and his NY steamer for our lunches that we brought home to eat.

TADA!

On that note allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!


No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Other than news!

Speaking My Mind: Other than news! :   ...Our lives and welcome to it!... So yesterday I went to, PT, physical therapy, and due to taking my...