Thursday, August 10, 2017

Mental Health

Definitions: depression: 1. feelings of severe despondency and dejection.  psychiatry: a mental condition characterized by feelings of severe despondency and dejection, typically with feelings of inadequacy and guilt, often accompanied by lack of energy and disturbance of appetite and sleep.

2. a long and severe recession in an economy or market. 3. the action of lowering something or pressing something down. a sunken place or hollow on a surface. 4. meteorology: a region of lower atmospheric pressure, especially a cyclonic weather system. 5. astronomy geography: the angular distance of an object below the horizon or horizontal plane.
WHEW!

Definition: frustration: the feeling of being upset or annoyed, especially because of inability to change or achieve something. the prevention of the progress, success, or fulfillment of something.


















All definitions thanks to Google!

Now if you happened to notice that I highlighted specific definitions, duh, and those are the ones that might or might not have to do with me.
And the top one is a medical issue and the other lower one is more of a change the way you view the world attitude issue; got that? Could mean the same thing?

Oops folks this thing posted AGAIN before all done! The below additions are what you were missing!

Any-who, what I was going to say... is that today I received a surprising phone call, I almost said shocking.
The call was from a local psychologist's office saying that my neurologist's office had sent them a referral for me to be seen.


Let that get absorbed, waiting, waiting, waiting... got it?

She went on to say that it was due to my depression due to my Multiple Sclerosis.

Okay...

Been through that years ago, not recently though.

Well, when I did my song and dance declaring myself again with too short an attention span to dwell on sadness I deemed this an invasion of nonsense and very nearly called the neurologists office and told them just that! And turned down the appointment offer.

But instead I got the Nurse Practitioner's Lynn's voice mail, and I left what I thought was a coherent disallowance of my need for that particular intervention and the pronouncement that we had discussed my feelings and that I was okay, or so I thought, hmm?

Although, in the time while waiting I did something I do do on occasion, nah usually, I looked up the doctor, with my online access to find out just who they were trying to send me to.
I found the name of the doctor and was notably impressed with what I read, little did I know at the time that I had the wrong doctor in the practice.
What I read was not only that the doctor took care of depression, but weight issues too, hmm, no dietician... maybe could help me with the proper eating now that I cannot eat high protein with the CKD, but with the bariatric sleeve was supposed to?
But now they might try to blame my weight gain on depression instead of all the other logical things I checked into; like medications, and quitting smoking and the inability to exercise due to my body not working!
Very real excuses that do have true info to back them up.
Oh well, I will be seeing the PhD Psychology woman from NJ anyway, and she even went to Fairleigh Dickerson University, and as a teen I went to a rock concert at their Teaneck campus, way back in the nineteen sixties!
She also went to the International School in Miami, also my younger self's stomping ground at seven I spent a winter in school there too.
And our daughter-in-law graduated from the U of Miami with her law degree.
So I guess we could find some things to chat about.
Her husband is a surgeon locally, colon etc.

So I did call back and made the appointment, who knows what will come of it, mental health is important and no one should be made to feel ashamed if they need help.

I have gone to these head doctors before, the first time a year after my Mom died, I was getting physically sick, but there was nothing wrong, it was a delayed reaction to her sudden death in eleven and a half hours. And I chose to go after other horrid incidences in our lives that seem to affect me negatively and each time within a few visits I was deemed fine once again.
So go if you have to, sometimes, make that all of the time we are way too close to ourselves so listen to loved ones or doctors or someone you trust and do it.

At least find out.
It has been my experience when you do not need them anymore you do not and you or they can decide, each time they did with me! LOL!
Funny!
I just would go and talk and talk and talk, guess they had enough!
HA!
Yes, and laughing at ourselves is a fine way to know that you might very well be alright!

Happy good night to all and to all share those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

  

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought...

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought... :   ...I had tPA, which is the older medication they used.. .tPA (Tis...