Friday, August 11, 2017

Being hacked.

Who hasn't been?
We all have been one time or another, unfortunately. Me, personally, way too often.
Who hasn't spent hours and hours on the phone with techs either walking you through dissolution of all the nasty problems that were caused by it, or allowed the techs to take custody of your computer, ghostlike, to fix it automatically from their end.
Scary, giving up that much control, teaches baby steps to this TYPE A.
But some things are not too difficult to fix, and that is when you can go into the help sections in the different sites that you might be a regular visitor to.
Facebook has a problem solving section that notably is called that, in the upper right hand corner of your screen designated by its "?" click on it and just scroll down to report a problem and then follow the prompts from there; simplicity at its finest!
The best way to avoid the problems is to tighten up our security!

I am not a computer technologist, but through experience and asking questions I have learned a little in the thirty-five years that I have been using computers!
Yes, it was 1982 when we got our first computer for a few years old expanding business, Bamber Lake Irrigation Sales and Service, in Bamber Lake Lacey Township NJ.
Our sons were ten and six then and had been learning computers since kindergarten, and so we bought a Commodore 64 with a modem, or the modem could have been after.
By then our little business had three hundred clients from when we had installed sprinkler systems then they would take our service contracts for the year and every year we would renew them and add more clientele as the years went on, not to mention other service contracts from older systems from other companies. So we grew. It was my idea to set up access to the accounts by each customers phone numbers like I knew that Sears had, being a Sears credit card holder customer then and now since 1976.
The year our younger son was born, guess I didn't think I needed it before then.
So our brilliant sons set the whole thing up for their Dad and me, Mom and our office was one of the five bedrooms of the two that were downstairs in our bi-level home that we had built.
We didn't see customers there, although, on occasion they would come over, ha!
But I did all the office business there from payroll to ordering supplies to writing contracts, taxes, or making copies of any of the mentioned items, oh and I wrote a couple of radio commercials, as well as got us involved in what today would be considered Home Shows etc.
So by the time we were ready to sell to move to Florida we had become the second largest underground sprinkler company in Ocean County NJ!
We did ball fields for cities and retirement villages as well as single family homes!
We had to sell the business and the house in tandem, which was quite interesting back then, but somehow it all worked out!

Moving on...

I am learning daily that I have no regrets with so many things, being disabled and older now you sorta gotta take inventory, ya know?
I do believe I might have done things differently with handling some people, but right this moment I can think of three people that, make that four that the time was right to cut ties.
Only one I feel differently about and that was not my choice but theirs, and there is not too much I can do about that, but still I try.
All in all I have seen things and done things that many might have wanted to do too, and for all of that again I have been very lucky that I had those opportunities and so as the "right" thing is to say is that I am very grateful for all of those things.
I did accomplish nearly everything I tried, but without some failures how can any of us appreciate those successes, true?
More than enough successes.
So again no regrets.
No life is perfect, although most would love that to be the case.
But if you are religious think to be more spiritual and accept those imperfections in ones self, for do we not learn from our mistakes?
I did, do, keep learning daily.
I don't know... everything!
Daily I still learn new things and for that again I am grateful, GEEZ I am getting socially correct?
In fear of sounding too Pollyanna-ian, there are things I will not discuss here now that I am not at all GRATEFUL FOR!
Maybe at a later date or never.
Secrecy, what's that?
Not my way, as anyone who has read this blog knows.
My theory has been to open up with feeling that one might strike a cord of commonalty with whomever might read something they too can relate to, and if not this could be years and years of reading for my family and friends, so a win, win, not for me cause... I won't be around... let's face it none of us will be here forever, we all have expiration dates!
I like that non-religious TV commercial way of treating death, our expiration date, but in the commercial for joy hers has been extended to curing her thought to be fatal illness, oh hey can I hear a big yay!
But we all eventually die.
Leave something, anything, even like me this horrid drivel, hack type writing, self serving, opinionated crap, but just like me it is mine and I own it!
And share it nightly right here!
That way you are never ever really all alone; sharing that is.

Have a very happy good night ya all and share all those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!
 


 

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: OUCH!

Speaking My Mind: OUCH! :     For some reason I am having stomach pains, considering I no longer have a stomach, just a small pouch, it is q...