Monday, August 7, 2017

Kidney Doc Day!

Had my nephrology appointment today at 12:20 P.M. and I was taken in right on time!
Great beginning.
Everything was great about the visit including my diagnosis.
Although, what I have is called CKD, Chronic Kidney Disease, my Stage 3a is not so bad after all.
You see, he, Dr. N, said that most people in my age range closer to seventy than sixty, being sixty seven and all they do is round up and most people my age would already have their kidneys functioning at only 70%, but mine although only 55% aren't as bad as that might sound to me. He believes my old kidney history and UTI's might be responsible for this, and not type 2 diabetes that he even saw I do not have nor high blood pressure either!
At this stage he said that the dietician route is a good decision, and no iodine with certain X-rays nor even certain types of anti-biotics are no no's too, but anyone who needs to know to give me anything he said that they should call him.
My return visit is in four months with follow-up blood work prior to that.

After there we drove all the way out to Arcadia to get Gus's anti-anxiety medication in capsule form since we put it into his food.
That is a sixty mile round trip while the new vet doc and groomer are only eight miles away, but they do not carry his medication in capsules.
We might be able to buy it online with the old vet since they do have an online pet site that way we can have it delivered.
I am in agony from that ride, I guess no more road trips for me...oh well...
With Lupus anticoagulant anyway, not that great an idea.
I am no longer a good traveler.
Those back roads even with our fairly new van that gets thirty miles to the gallon, by the way, those roads were very rough, and there was construction going on too.
So we were weaving in and out of that mess.
In my current body shape it felt as if we hadn't any shocks, and each bump was a shock to my body!

Although, on the way home since tonight is a full moon, yep you got that right Bocca Lupo's  Coal Oven Pizza half price large today, and so on the way home we picked up one and a small Greek salad too!

Right now to add to my achy sore beaten body I am nauseous for some unknown reason!

Happy good night to all.

Share those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Other than news!

Speaking My Mind: Other than news! :   ...Our lives and welcome to it!... So yesterday I went to, PT, physical therapy, and due to taking my...