Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Got into our pool today!

       Our backyard pool as it looks today in the first picture. This morning was very sunny as it is many days. Folded off to the right side is our sail cloth, okay a white tarp, does the same thing and costs significantly less! A few years back Hubby created a system with ropes and chains and hooks and posts to hang the whole contraption up, and below you can see it in action.
 
   Oddly enough I could not find any recent pics and this morning I just forgot to take any. Busy doing the touch up clean up and then using those weights in the lower picture and my blue band from PT attached to the railing for arm strengthening. Amazingly I was able to get into it with using my walker out the back door and holding onto the railing and once in I was OK! I did my additional clean up and used the weights for aiding me in shallow kicks lying straight out back and forth, only a couple of times. Same with my arm pulls with the blue band.
 
     The problem was getting out. I couldn't and I had to do that sit down on the three steps and push up with Hubby's guidance onto the seat of my transformer style walker! It has the ability to turn into a transporter, but for me it was a seat and Hubby was able to push me inside where I had the good sense to put my clean clothes in the bathroom for after my shower!
 
   Once showered I had forgotten to bring my Woolite into what was once only Hubby's bathroom, but is now my accessible roll in shower shared with him. Actually my old bath chair in my bathroom is perfect for hanging wet bathing suits on to dry after washed with Woolite and that is what I did. All in all I was outside in the pool there about forty-five minutes, give or take fifteen. I also since I had that nasty experience with squamous cell carcinoma on my left face cheek two years ago. I always wore a hat,
     sunglasses, and sunscreen but this time I caked on the zinc oxide, on my face neck chest and ears and arms! Even with the sail cloth creating perfect shade all over the pool.

                                                                          




    Lunch was leftovers, but of course! Hubby's was roast beef and American cheese = cheesesteak when cooked in the frying pan and put onto a hoagie/sub roll, mine was leftover homemade white clam sauce with angel hair pasta. Doxee minced clams are added in last with juices from can, into sautéed peas, scallions, minced garlic cloves into a combo of butter, just a smidge and olive oil and flour for thickening with no sodium chicken bouillon packet and water, sprinkle of old bay, dash of lemon juice, basil, and cracked black pepper, parmesan cheese added in too! Served over linguine or Angel hair pasta or any of your favorites, a side of salad and garlic bread, but mine was without those accoutrements!
 
   After I was very tired and felt myself falling asleep.
But unfortunately while in my bed for that purpose I awoke due to not being able to breath!
Coughing and could not catch my breath.
I had to use my emergency inhaler!
  
   I did not have my CPAP on for the nap... I am really starting to dislike that thing!
My napping has been infrequent, but I have learned when sleeping at anytime of the day or night I do need it all of the time.

   What I ate was probably most of the issue.
Me with my love of garlic.
Sauce was light compared to most.
So dinner was tomato basil soup, and tuna on crackers.
I know, I know, tomatoes too creates havoc with GERD!

   That all has been responsible for my Sleep Apnea, ( Now a link to Alzheimer's!), and even the asthma, whoa... yeah I know!
More Pepcid Complete, prescribed two times a day and even though the gastroenterologist had put me on also twice a day for the last few years with Nexium the news has nixed using it; saying that it shortens your life!
So several months ago I cut back to only once a day, at bedtime.
I don't know, maybe that was a mistake?
I should call him and ask his very nice nurse Ruth?
Sinuses are acting up too with a nasty headache, OY VEY!

   Any-who, this was my exciting day, laundry was also done as well, see exciting, ha, allow me to be the very first to wish you all a very happy good night and to ask you all to share your blessings and we will too!

   And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: OUCH!

Speaking My Mind: OUCH! :     For some reason I am having stomach pains, considering I no longer have a stomach, just a small pouch, it is q...