Monday, March 27, 2017

Escapism to view!

Frankie and Grace's season three was released to Netflix last Friday, a five out of five star quality show with an amazing cast, Lilly Tomlin, Jane Fonda as well as Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston, are the main leads and I am very proud to say that I binged watched all of the third seasons' episodes in between our well travelled weekend!
And today, the second season of Better Call Saul was released, also a five star show and on Netflix, the spinoff from Breaking Bad and excellent too!
Both shows are quite enjoyable, but for adult audiences due to adult content.

I am tempering those wild ride ones with me continuing with the very engaging Murdoch Mysteries; a mere four stars show, a rated, maybe PG show, but nothing racy there, okay a teensy weensy bit of innuendo but nothing more, and the PG rating is by yours truly due to the crimes all being murders.
Big kids might like it due to the inventions and history portions, set in the Victorian era in Toronto Canada as well as it being the days of Bram Stoker, H.G. Welles and Arthur Conan Doyle, which I love too!

Moving on..

Any-who, we did leave our dwelling today.
I had my six month pulmonologist appointment.
He is less than two miles from here, our home.
And he is an excellent doctor in his field, Manish Kapadia M.D. pulmonologist, educated in India and his residency was in Albany New York.
Young, only forty-five, and speaks to you the patient, not down to you. We actually had a very nice conversation about the medical insurance programs and all the problems and how in impoverished countries people are treated for their ills without any charge.
I also was told my oxygen levels were 99% out 100%, and I am doing well on my asthma medications, but even though I am on Spiriva and an emergency inhaler too, now he gave me a fourteen day sample of Breo Ellipta, that is more like the Anoro Ellipta that I had been on, and now I have to see if it is on PAN's list for coverage; the non-profit that helps pay for my co-pay of over four hundred dollars for a ninety day supply; it is online so I will check. Meanwhile Advair is another possibility, but that is twice a day and Breo is only once. I am doing well on the medication, and no asthma does not go away, I wish. My next six month visit I will be having another breathing test then.

He also had my CPAP info, for my sleep apnea, sent down from the cloud/cyberspace, and the original sleep doctor his info they are still waiting on, and he will now be taking care of that for me too!
And that too does not go away or diminish, darn it.
Two reasons I was happy that I was tested is because sleep apnea can be responsible for strokes and my parents as well as my brother all died of strokes, and my asthma was caused by allergies, not smoking and being controlled is very important too.
Many people with Multiple sclerosis like myself can live a normal life span that is unless they have an undiagnosed breathing issue, and mine have been diagnosed and are being treated!
See folks that hate doctors and refused to go, you should if you want to live a normal life span!

After there we went over to the Panda Inn that is on the same access road as the doctor's, it is a Chinese buffet and we had been going there for years until recently. Several years ago when I was still using my walker there their isles appeared to be too narrow for me to maneuver without bumping into people and so we stopped going there. But today Hubby thought we could try, and he did reconnaissance to see if my new ride would fit through their areas now. His report was a positive yes! And so we ate there for many choices including dessert for only $14.98 plus tax for two! They make money on my small amounts of what I eat, but Hubby makes up for me, ha, and that's the way I like it, unhuh, unhuh..., unhuh!
We used to take company there and since we loved it so much they would buy us coupons for additional meals there, how lovely that was!

Then, our next stop was to get gas at Sam's Club at 2.18.9 a gallon, the cheapest around! Then lastly to Walmart for coffee, olive oil and Miralax equate, and a few other non perishables.
And home again!

That was our pleasant day of necessary accomplishments.

On that note of our norm, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask you all to kindly share all your blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!





 

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Which way will the war go?

Speaking My Mind: Which way will the war go? :   My eyesight is going again... in case you missed it... Netanyahu snaps back against growing...