Thursday, February 2, 2017

Ground Hog Day! Black History Month began yesterday!

Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and so there will be six more weeks of winter, uh, what's that?
It was eighty here today! Yes, in dear sweet Florida!
Sorry about that to my northern bound folks... but did you know that that groundhog is only right 99% of the time?
Kidding, actually it's only 39% of the time he is right, since recorded history of the event; for over a hundred years. Trivia today question.
And why no Punxsutawney Phyllis?
I know why it must be because no woman in her right mind would get up at that hour if they didn't have to for her to freeze her furry little butt off!
Kapish?
Any-who, sometimes being all inclusive is not what we really want, ya know?

Moving on...

This whole month of February is always Black History month, as if you lived under a rock and did not know this, sorry for that! Anyway, that said if anyone would like to know more about Black History these three sites might be a beginning... for you...
To understand a brief history of this month long yearly event:http://www.history.com/topics/black-history/black-history-month
 http://www.africanamericanhistorymonth.gov/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_History_Month

Those above sites should be helpful.

Moving on again...

I had PT, physical therapy again today, I suggested renaming it coaching, since they do do that too, no takers though for the change; PT sounds so medicinal, ya know?

Today, I once again did 20 minutes at level four of the all body machine, I wanted to do more but they said we wouldn't have time for other things, aw shucks!
Next I did the arm pulley thingy again, sets of fifteen with fifteen pound weights, soon to get back those "guns", the only kind I feel good about carrying, arm guns! (Muscles, for those of you who might not have a clue to the jargon.)
I did the ball squeezy thingy, and ankles alternating up and down, as well as leg lifts all from the comfort of my own chair, the wheel variety.

I am happy to also announce that I lost two more pounds! And I do not want to look for where they went, yay!
I had been stuck on a weight loss of thirty six pounds for nearly a week plus a few days, upsetting but now, I am down a total of thirty-eight, two to go for forty and WOW!
Yay and yay again for good measure!

On that high note allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask you all to kindly count all your blessings and share all your overages with you know whom and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: OUCH!

Speaking My Mind: OUCH! :     For some reason I am having stomach pains, considering I no longer have a stomach, just a small pouch, it is q...