Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Many people revealed at this time of year too many sides

As we truly enter the holiday season so many reflect on the meaning of the Christmas-Hanukkah, Christian/ Judeo times that have brought understanding and beliefs to make the "holidays" be joyous for all! Hanukkah begins December 24th, Christmas Eve this year, united, and lasts till January 1st New Year's Eve also International, could it be a sign this year to share our beliefs of the season, I hope so!

And then there is a sad side of the season the memory of those who are no longer with us, and all faiths have that commonalty that could create depression and the best way to prevent that is we can do as citizens of this world is to make sure all human beings have comfort from one another by checking on some who might be alone, don't let that happen, share, your friends and families, be all inclusive!

And then there is a dark side to the season of racism, anti-Semitism and hate crimes against LGBT people, see something say something to someone who can change this horrific behavior!
Keep shouting that hate is not what benefits humanity, love and understanding does!
Join others with same beliefs and find ways to change those who hate, whether jailing them, or making them understand by teaching them their beliefs are wrong!
 We must unite!

Another story tonight on the news about a Synagogue in Naples Florida where the sign of its name had been shot up!

Nightly on the news people of color are shot or found guilty unjustly of crimes they did not commit!
Police officers are shot for too many believing they are against people of color, and horribly some are!
What has the world come to, when the most trusted are no longer trustworthy!
Children/teens commit crimes daily with hate in their souls, driven at times by bullying as excuses feeling no where to turn!

If it wasn't for the fact that this is the only planet that can sustain life that we have I/we would leave!
But of course we cannot.
What can we do?
I can only suggest, I feel powerless most days, and yet personally unscathed by all that tortures the world.
I am very, very, very sadly at my wit's end.
I sign petitions.
I will roll in a walk for change, I will do whatever peaceful demonstration I can do to help, but what will work, truly?
Tell me!
In the meantime all we can do is try and enjoy the season the best we can!
And be aware of our surroundings including the people in them...!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Other than news!

Speaking My Mind: Other than news! :   ...Our lives and welcome to it!... So yesterday I went to, PT, physical therapy, and due to taking my...