Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Longest hour and thirty-five minutes

Two of our local TV stations NBC and ABC out of Ft. Myers Florida lost us that is us "antennae people", as well as the Dish Network, Direct TV and Century Link for an hour and thirty-five minutes all due to an engineering problem! I kept in contact with two of the on air anchor people, women, oddly enough one from a station that had nothing to do with it at CBS, and she was more helpful with her info than the other very nice person from their station who did not seem to know what was happening, due to being on the air at the time.
The horror, me being facetious now, happened twenty minutes before the end of General Hospital and it was just getting intense, bummer, oh well. I will have to catch up tomorrow, what else do I have to do anyway, really?
The return of the stations was simultaneously, since one company here owns both of them, Waterman Broadcasting. An unidentified source did chime in from their NBC station on the messaging that I use for its station to communicate with them, the person told me that they knew about the issue and the fact was that they knew it was down and they had their engineers working on it, at the time no time was mentioned when they thought it might be fixed.
Fortunately, the programming has resumed since for both, whew!

Crazy, how we get attached to these inanimate objects, hmm?
And at first I thought it was our new TV that had broken, and so I checked the others in the house and with them all saying the same thing that the channels weren't available or some such thing, anyway that helped me to understand it was them not us, ya know that feeling of a strange relief?
But then the realization you are without that important part of your access to channels, information and the world you so do enjoy for so many reasons and then it felt bad, real bad, out of the loop, and then a wee bit of fear kicked in with a heavy measure of apprehension of concern, wondering if perhaps they don't want us, "antennae people", having access, too weird, hmm?
When I found out it wasn't "just us", in a strange way that was reassuring that they would have to be all inclusive; that means us too would be included in the fix, yay!

All is right with the world again, so my life is back on track, don't worry folks, just kidding, or am I?
On that mysterious note of is she or isn't she, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy healthy safe and peaceful good night and ask you all to kindly count all of your blessings and share all your overages with you know whom and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

THIS JUST IN THEY ARE DOWN AGAIN!  OOPS! AND OH NO!
They are back; hope this isn't a thing.

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Last night we were again at the hospital for a lea...

Speaking My Mind: Last night we were again at the hospital for a lea... : ...This time Hubby decided to have it removed and see what happens...