Thursday, April 21, 2016

OT

Had a call around three thirty P.M. today from Astrid my OT, occupational therapist, a Spanish woman that I had mistaken her accent for some crazy reason on the phone as India Indian, but I did not say a word, cause either way it doesn't matter to me.
She stated that she would be here by four, and so when four twenty came and went, I thought perhaps that she meant tomorrow?
So I gave her a call, and her voice mail picked it up and she called me back.
The issue was traffic on I75 and that she was coming here today from Venice.
That's usually more than a half hour's drive even when the traffic isn't too bad; so consequently she got here at nearly four forty-five, Hubby admonished her at the door. I tried not to act too embarrassed, but he was right, after all it was forty-minutes late! De Jevu with my doctor's appointment in Sarasota, but we were only ten minutes late.
And like a robot I repeated that we eat breakfast at nine, lunch at noon, and dinner at five, over and over, as well as my personal TV show is on from two to three M-F, please schedule accordingly.
Quirky, yep you bet!
So little is ours anymore, time-wise.( Not so much time on my hands anymore, odd thinking about that how quickly things change.)
They are indirectly getting paid by us via our insurances so they are somewhat considered employees, true?
Hubby's logical logic.
Our rules, for a change.
It does seem with all the doctors' appointments we are at their mercy i.e. appointment wise.
Now in our home on our turf we should have our rights for our rules!
Any-who, she stayed till nearly twenty to six, and while here she determined that I needed certain equipment to help me manage better that she will be bringing tomorrow at three, Stan is at four, PT Guy.
Oh and a correction, Gene the nurse is Jean the nurse. I have no idea why I thought otherwise; it was on the folder that she gave me.

Silly or ridiculous as it may seem to some I truly believe it is a control issue with us being able to decide appropriate times on scheduling for ourselves.
Isn't it in an unwritten law/ right for all Americans!
Ha!
Come on folks some of you have been here, everyone from physician offices to cable guys telling you what time is good for them not you!
I am as mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore, sound familiar? (Slight overstatement, but you get the idea.)
The movie, Network circa 1976.
We are consumers even of healthcare, so stand your ground.
Did I mention I received a lovely letter of apology from the director of the ER of the hospital where they almost killed me and I had called to tell them so it shouldn't happen to anyone else, not to sue. The hospital interim director also had called too last week.
She had thanked me for that too, but I had mentioned that in my blog last week.
Balance in all things.
Not being unreasonable, but working together for resolution in each problem to solve, as civilized people.

On that note of come on folks we can do this, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy healthy safe and peaceful good night and ask you all to kindly count all your blessings and share all your overages with you know whom and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: OUCH!

Speaking My Mind: OUCH! :     For some reason I am having stomach pains, considering I no longer have a stomach, just a small pouch, it is q...