Thursday, February 4, 2016

My heart is fine, although... so much for my sincere concern of HIPPA, ha!

I have what is known as mild to moderate centrilobular emphysema.
Sounds scary to me too!
Until I emailed my doctor, since Hubby was able to pick up all my tests' results with a signed note from me and a copy of my picture ID for the hospital record department, and so Dr. Nord said via email that there is nothing to be done since I am non symptomatic in reference to the emphysema and due to quitting smoking nearly ten years ago 7-11-06, I am not going to be hopefully needing any intervention.
Apparently, the CT scan of my chest found that I have Hepatic steatosis also, another scary sounding dx, but in reality it is a fatty liver, diffuse low density in keeping with fatty infiltration, me, unfortunately caused by obesity, ironically due to quitting smoking and gaining too much weight, also nothing to do!
I have no sign of a heart attack or of a pulmonary embolism, best news!
The blood issue was a high absolute eosinophil, most likely due to two of my known medical problems: inflammation due to the Multiple sclerosis and also allergies, guilty of having both, so nothing new there either.
All in all my mysterious chest pain and shortness of breath probably were cause by my GERD and those MS hugs that I so do deplore.
I know that I am definitely relieved, whew.
But Dr. Nord said anytime I want to come in due to any return of those symptoms that she will be fine about seeing me and checking me, no hospital needed, whew!
I HATE HOSPITALS AS MUCH AS INDIE*, (*Indiana Jones, for any of you living under a rock, kidding!) HATES SNAKES!

On that note of the ridiculous, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy healthy safe good night and ask you all to kindly count all your blessings and share all those overages with you know whom and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

PS In my opinion, HIPPA, a law protecting our privacy is a joke since all info is put into the medical computers and most have inner or inter office facility access by way too many, truly!
And I feel that as well my "open book" attitude here hopefully is informative and helpful to others on occasion; one can only hope, cannot one?

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Other than news!

Speaking My Mind: Other than news! :   ...Our lives and welcome to it!... So yesterday I went to, PT, physical therapy, and due to taking my...