Friday, September 25, 2015

When people retire...

A cheer for them is rather nice, but not for someone leaving with so many not liking them; it smells of hypocrisy, and meanness.
Having a knee jerk reaction to the Speaker of the House, John Boehner's announcing his decision to resign at the end of October was met with raucous applause, sadly.   

I only say sadly due to the fact no matter what one might think of this very sensitive man, who cries at the drop of a hat, but he worked for the GOP for twenty-five years, and that does deserve some type of respect. After all his constituents in Ohio kept voting for him term after term after term. He is retiring to here though, i.e. Florida, Marco Island, south of here, meaning south of us in Port Charlotte. He apparently purchased a home there two years ago, thinking ahead, maybe?

Any-who, I was not a fan of his by any means and thought his behavior of crying was accepted more readily than a woman's in the same position would have been. I might be out of left field but I think he has a hormonal issue, but I'm no doctor. 
But I still believe that anyone in this day and age who does a job for twenty-five years should have earned some type of respect from the very least his own colleagues.

Oddly enough I Googled him trying to get a little more insight to this unusual fellow, and an enigma in many ways. Shockingly I found out that his birthday and Hubby's are the same day and year!
Yep, birthday twins, but so, so different in so many ways!
Although, I don't really know him; all I know is Hubby doesn't cry, and we have known each other since August of 1967, that is Hubby and I! Albeit, Hubby once said he too was an enigma, or was it an amoeba, yep, he was joking of course, or not?
 
Good Luck John, and try to stop being so upset all the time ,you'll live longer with retirement around the corner, it's just an idea.

On this un-requested notation of mine, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask all of you to kindly count all your blessings and share all those overages with you know whom and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Two days of the same drivel!

Speaking My Mind: Two days of the same drivel! : ...Sorry about that! But where can we go from here? Talk about the election by not talking ...