Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Generations?




Years ago the lost generation meant something other than offspring deciding NOT to have children. I had no grandmas, they both passed away before I was born and I am still not one. And I really had hoped to become one.

In those long ago days it meant something more prolific, but also non-controllable at the time for people who felt as they had.
Somehow if I had been a truly great writer as the ones mentioned below I more than likely would have joined their group…in my heart I was there incarnate as I sometimes believe I am.
Being of a mindset to be allowed to think and do and write what you truly believe in should be within all people’s abilities that is unless they are putting themselves or others in harms way I truly believe it to be one of the ultimate freedoms.

“The ''lost generation'' of the1920s was a group of writers born from 1883 to *1900. They moved to Paris (Paris was the advant *garde for all areas of creativity. Escape from the austere materialism of *American cities expecting to find literary freedom.) living there from 1920 to 1930, they had a profound impact in society and arts. The term ''the lost generation'' was obtained by Gertrude Stein referring to the young workers poor auto mechanic repair skills. Gertrude Stein would take this phrase to define the people who rejected *American post world war 1 values. The two presidents from this organization were Harry S. Truman and Dwight D. Eisenhower. The three best known writers among this period were; Ernest Hemingway, F.Scott Fitzgerald, and John dos *Passos. This generation include distinguished artists such as; Ezra Pound, T.S. Eliot, Waldo Peirce, Alan Seeger, Sylvia Beach, and Erich Maria Remarque. ( karla.pd5 and http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/Departments/hpolscrv/jbolhofer.html )”

*This author’s corrections

Moving on…

The chill is coming into our beautiful south west Florida… again!
Tonight’s and tomorrow morning’s temps will be in the forties, and the highs during the day will only be going up into the sixties!
And yes that is COLD for south west Florida even in November!
It is very unusual and I personally cannot remember it being that cold this often before December in the whole twenty-eight years that we have resided in this state!

Another move on…

I was capable to do all my circuit at the gym/rehab today and increased weights as well as reps on my three pieces of my use of equipments, leg lifts, thighs inner and outer and the total gym!

After we ate lunch at Bob Evans and I had their 370 calorie salad of roasted chicken spinach apples cranberries and pecans with raspberry vinaigrette with ice water and lemon for my beverage!

Hubby had meatloaf with green beans and mashed potatoes and gravy and ice water too!

After that we went over to Publix, practically across the street and bought our turkey and healthier fixings for tomorrow. A four pound turkey breast, and low sodium bread to make our own stuffing with sodium free chicken bouillon, onions and garlic cloves etc. Our sides are sweet potatoes sliced or smashed with a little bit of brown sugar and cinnamon topped with miniature marshmallows and a frozen French string bean casserole also made with my own mushroom soup made from my frozen mushrooms, onions, garlic cloves, sodium free chicken bouillon and a wee bit of flour with extra virgin olive oil and a wee bit of butter too to thicken it and darn it if we are using those bad for you crispy onions gingerly on top of it, okay? Pumpkin pie with fat free real whip cream, who would have thought it could be done?

Interesting fact of the night: Did you know that there is a Port Charlotte in Scotland UK? Well there is.
I had no idea until I checked; here is one of the many links:

When I was in college I had the pleasure of visiting Scotland, specifically St. Andrews and always thought that someday I would get to go back, it was truly enchanting, back in 1969.
I was very fortunate to had visited Ireland, England Holland, France, Spain and Portugal as well all due to my college program back then.

On that note of learning something new daily, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask all of you to kindly count all your blessings and share all your overages with you know who and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: OUCH!

Speaking My Mind: OUCH! :     For some reason I am having stomach pains, considering I no longer have a stomach, just a small pouch, it is q...