Sunday, June 6, 2010

Have you ever not noticed something right before your very eyes?

Interesting provocative question, huh?
Maybe not to some who may think it to be lame.
But in my reality it speaks volumes to my own claims to being what I thought quite observant!

How would you like to be living in a home that you purchased years ago, in this case in 1998, and not think to look at the artwork closely enough to notice a signature on it and that, that particular artwork may be the reason that caused you to think how nice the house was in the first place and to purchase it?
You see, we live as I have mentioned before on a saltwater canal, therefore seaside for lack of a better definition of what that does mean.
Any-who, this little ditty of an unloved home at that time did have a few attributes besides being on the water, five minutes to the harbor by boat, and extremely cost effective, in other words CHEAP, it did have, I must say somewhat of an ambiance of interesting artwork scattered about it that I would soon find out was included in that very reasonable price point.

Folks that was nearly twelve years ago, and today I finally had the smarts to look at that sand-dunes and sea oats, an ominous sky foreboding the possibility of a storm in the winds, with seagulls ‘flying in’, a 24” X 36” picture and realized quite to my astonishment it did have a signature and it was from an artist that signed her name as Carolyn Blish and the date of the picture was ’68 the year Hubby and I graduated from high school, but also I attended school in NYC LIM and she was painting in the Village then, Greenwich that is!
And so I Googled her and to my surprise she has been quite prolific over the years with her artistry! And to this day is still selling paintings or Giclee on paper and online and I found that mine could not be since that is a medium that is fairly new from the 1980’s.
Her email was on her site and so I sent her photos of her picture and asked her questions but that was only a few hours ago, so I will let you know if I hear back from her!

Our lives have not been that altogether busy today after our very active yesterday.
I did manage to go into the pool for quite some time, longer than usual and accomplished my exercise program and then some.

Dinner tonight was homemade pizza topped with my own oven dried tomatoes from our garden, too many to not make a sauce with. Mine are similar to the freeze dried idea but done in the oven for hours on a low temperature, I did an hour on 300, then an hour on two hundred and then lastly an hour on warm, and then left in the oven another half hour while it cools down. I flavor them with oils and vinegars, canola’s and olive, and wine vinegar and apple cider although I do have balsamic too, garlic and basil! Hmmm that smell permeates the house and it is lush!
I think sometimes that in my other life that I was Italian!
How I do love that aroma!

These many tomatoes filled a large pickle jar more than halfway and will be added not only to pizzas but sauces and soups too over the few weeks, maybe not, it will last comfortably in my frig!

Anyway, we will say good night to you all now and remind you not to forget to count those blessings and we will too!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought...

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought... :   ...I had tPA, which is the older medication they used.. .tPA (Tis...