Saturday, June 5, 2010

Busy, busy, busy day!

Hubby just asked if I had anything to write about today?
And of course he was this time being facetious, not that, that has ever been a problem for me, and since the above title says it all!
We had an extremely active day today, so much so that we both just spent the last few hours deactivating and stared at the boob tube for over two hours to chill out.

It was a cute older movie that we had missed somehow, called High Spirits with Peter O’Toole, Liz Smith, Darrel Hannah, Steve Gutenberg, Beverly D’Angelo just to name a few of the all star cast; it was circa 1988, and a ghostly comedy.
I made soup to eat while we relaxed, and since we ate out and had Grouper at one of our favorite waterside restaurants, Smuggler’s in Punta Gorda.

Any-who that was not our last stop for the day, but one of them.
We started the day off with me doing my ROM in the pool and Hubby dug up the lavender in the garden under our bedroom window due to the fact it was not doing well there at all, and so the idea was to pot it up and give it some TLC, which has worked before for other floundering floras.
So when I took my first break from my swim/ROM, Hubby found one of the spare pots that used to be down on the dock, but its occupant had long since passed on.
And so he cleaned and bleached the off white rather large specimen, and he went into the shed to get out the potting soil and top soil he had stored there.
But the potting soil was very minimal, and he had no shards so he stole some pebbles from the boat trailer pad, which I confessed I have done in the past.
Between the top soil and the soil from digging up the plant and the wee bit of potting soil left it was enough to mix in the wheel barrow and I suggested sweetening it with coffee ground and slow release Miracle Gro, and so he did.
The lavender plants which had three that seemed to be not that far gone from the main plant, which was all gone and put into the composter; the newly potted healthier specimens were placed on the patio in the corner next to the other potted smaller plants.
If I do say so myself it makes a fine display.
But when the lavender blooms and bumble bees appear I do believe it will have to be moved far from me since I am highly allergic to them, the bees that is!

After I exited the pool and showered and dressed we went over to the Cultural Center for they were celebrating their forty-ninth anniversary today, and everyone was invited to see their non-profit displays.
It was good for me because I met two other women who also had MS, and we could chat and exchange emails.
Connecting with people who have similar disorders makes it sometimes easier to communicate, but not always.

Hearing Impaired organization people were there too and Hubby used to be on their board so we bumped into a woman we both knew from that, it was like old home week.
And so many of organizations that were there were of interest to both of us, and the people were very friendly which made it all very pleasant.

The Cultural Center is only blocks from our house and that is where they have a live theater, classrooms for adult classes and hobbies, a cafeteria and tea room, and our branch of our library too!

From there we went over to Fisherman’s Village where we were to see first a pony from a horse ranch, animal rights people, animal welfare league with dogs and cats ready for your love, greyhound pets’ adoptions and wildlife organizations with a caged Florida panther, besides parrots, Macaws, Canurs, for rehabilitation to be adopted, natural pet food displays and even some veterinarians looking for business.

We passed all that on our way to the end of the covered mall of shops and restaurants with above timeshares, and at the very end this time we ate there at the above mentioned casual dinning place along the water.

Not done at this point because we had one last stop for this and that , milk, eggs and bread etc at our home away from home grocery, Publix!
And then we went back to the old homestead!
And as I said earlier we pretty much collapsed after the groceries were put away!

It’s a good kind of tired; if you know what I mean?
But it was a dreadfully hot day today!
On a few occasions the temperature in our vehicle said it was ninety- seven degrees outside!
Fortunately, we were only in and out of the car to either air-conditioning or sea breezed cooled areas.
And I found myself taking my Baclofen twice while we were out.
Those spasms are mostly influenced, it appears by extreme temps which I do think from air to heat qualifies!

Any-way, now I am ready nearly ready for bed to crawl into and lay upon until I peacefully awake tomorrow I do hope so!

And so I will bid you all a very good night and ask you politely to count those blessings and we will too!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: So yesterday I went for my CTs...

Speaking My Mind: So yesterday I went for my CTs... : ... not only did I have to drink those 3 bottles of barium before the test yesterday,...