Tuesday, January 29, 2019

What better choice for a day like today!

I used three quarters of a pound of chopped turkey for my chili, but of course you can use whatever you wish! The remainder was used for burgers, yielding three. You can divvy it up any way that you want to. 



My small food processor is just right for small batches and below I have put into it the celery stalk, four baby carrots, and half of a small yellow onion as well as several small cloves of garlic and they were placed in my smallest glass bowl and zapped in the microwave for only one minute! While I browned the chopped turkey meat in my large pot that had been sprayed with PAM and added into it about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, next the stewed tomatoes also were crushed in the small food processor, and added in with the other previously chopped vegetables, although some believe tomatoes to be fruits, whatever... they too went into the pot! Next the beans drained mostly and two slices of crisped microwave zapped bacon, a tablespoon of brown sugar, two teaspoons of chili powder and cumin and a splash of lemon juice, and another few splashes of Tabasco! YUM! Let all of it simmer for about an hour or more, but will be fine to eat after just a half hour though. Simmering blends all those flavors more so together, top with plain yogurt, sour cream, taco chips, cheddar cheese or in my case just jalapeƱos, mmmmmmmm it's so good! Great add along for Super Bowl Sunday! Just make so much more to feed the hungry troops! My above measures yields  about two helpings for four.



Finished product!

Happy good night all!

Count your blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: When was the last time you wrote something?

Speaking My Mind: When was the last time you wrote something? :   ...anything other than a business report, check, or, some-other necessity?...