Friday, January 25, 2019

One result came back...

Interesting how in the last two months I have received proof that not only do I have a brain (MRI), but I have a heart (echocardiogram)!
HA!
Thankfully, without any big deals my echocardiogram came back and wonderful Angie, an infusion nurse and my ally, actually their whole office is, from Dr. Montoya's office, my neurologist's called me back with the results of that... within normal parameters, yay! My carotid ultrasound report was not returned yet...oh well!
I had called about something else earlier.

Shared Solutions nurse representative that I unforgivingly on my end have forgotten her name, so sorry, anyway had called me back to check up on me about my fall, and gosh I do not recall telling her about it, damn getting older is absolutely NOT FOR SISSIES!
Any-who, we chatted for about fifteen minutes, and she even knew that I was no longer on her companies (TEVA) medication Copaxone, but offered for me to be included in any of their events.
I explained why that would not be such a good idea.
They had a dinner at one of our favorite restaurants about a couple of years ago, and Hubby and I both went. The speaker was a neurologist from Sarasota and all he did was talk about his wife as if she was some 1950s out of the loop lame brain, so for some unknown reason I started to heckle the speaker/guy making it uncomfortable for him and the rest of the audience. I don't know what possessed me, oh yeah I do... him! He was there to discuss MS and Copaxone, so I thought?
And I decided these things were not for me anymore!

Yes, me and the public arena have parted company, gone are the days of teaching classes, speaking at fund raising events, or scripting fashion shows that I commentated, ah the quiet life of oblivion!
The point of no return.

Truly some days do feel that way.
Easier sometimes, numbness of brain that suggests it is just following my body!

That is not to say that with all these legal drugs I am on once again that I am not feeling less pain, for I am!
Something had to give.
Hubby is so thrilled with the idea that my future is not so gloomy after all and has now suggested we go back to New Orleans this spring!
Last time it was lovely in  the fall of 2015, while still using a walker.
But many historic cities do not have handicap access for my motorized chair, and they don't have to since they are grandfathered in, so we have been told!
And now with two furry pets, logistically it will be challenging.
Oh well, this puzzle could be resolved/ solved with much thought.
Something to think about. (Again my redundancy at its finest!)

My other concern is the route to there, the devastation from Hurricane Michael that had hit our panhandle here in Florida has been on the news as if they have not been getting the help from FEMA as they should have, very sad.
I worry and wonder.
If I were in better health we would have gone to help!
As is because we could relate with that devastation we have seen up close and personal before, and also not as personal. (Cryptic enough for you?)
Traumatic PTSD traumatic.
Very, very,  sad.
Dilemmas.

Happy good night all!

Count those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!








No comments:

Speaking My Mind: When was the last time you wrote something?

Speaking My Mind: When was the last time you wrote something? :   ...anything other than a business report, check, or, some-other necessity?...