Thursday, January 17, 2019

Advocacy!

For one's self!
YES!
Doctors these days are more busy than humanly possible to contend with all that they have to do!

For years these were called Moms, yep that is all of us women who had children and made sure all was done in school for them and by them and we were their medical providers and taxicabs and coaches and scout leaders etc. etc. etc. and worked outside of the home and kept track of the in home budget, and care of the spouse with dating each other weekly to touch base, cooked and kept the home and laundry clean!

Gosh many doctors are parents too!
How do they do it all?
Better yet that is why we have to make sure that we are as knowledgeable as we can be about our own health issues!

That said, out of my frustration of the pain center for the second and third times not calling me back I called the MRI/X-ray place to see if they received my records and results of my two X-rays and one MRI, and they had sent them out the same day that they were taken on Tuesday!
So innocently I asked for my results at the pain center via the phone line I had called on, and they said no that I have to wait until next week at my appointment that they made me make to discuss it with the doctor!
What?
My neurologist tells me my results of my MRIs on the phone, and LabCorp has the patient porthole for you to access, and so do many doctor's offices have that too!
HIPPA is for me too!
Logically, I called back Akumin Imaging, used to be Advanced Imaging, where I had my tests and they gave my results to Hubby so long as he had a permission note from me! CRAZY! He has a driver's license and even copies of my insurance cards as I do his.

So he picket them up!
And in simple text for me or almost anyone to understand I HAVE NO BROKEN RIBS!
What I do have is more thoracic stenosis from T8-T12, and my MRI of my lumbar region categorically counted all my herniations, pretty much at every level, but that did not disturb me as much as the edema in that region that I did not even land on with my fall, so why?

Questions, questions, questions... my gleaning info was not good.
Now we all know why this doc and many do not want us diagnosing ourselves without medical degrees!

Meanwhile I do hurt, and still I am in the mode of realizing that there is nothing that I can do?

So all this accomplished was less answers and more questions!
Oh okay, I did get quite a few answers that my pain is due to my same old problem that has gotten a bit worse in my thoracic region, but at least I know I have no broken ribs!
The radiologist seemed most interested in T8-9 for some reason, and I must find out why, since that change since the last was significant.
But why edema in my lumbar region?

Any-who, I still believe we should be our own best advocate!

Happy good night all!

Count your blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Time and life past quickly...

Speaking My Mind: Time and life past quickly... :   ...Faster than we tend to realize...! "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery,...