Tuesday, December 18, 2018

This is WHY Medical expenses are out of sight!

Tonight's expose is about why I feel that premiums for the general population continue to go up!
Case in point: November 13, 2018 my last day of three days of infusions of half dosage of Solumedrol infusions 500 mg. for each of the three days. Historically, my body has a diabetic reaction, and so several times I called and requested my new internist to kindly call in a prescription for insulin to counteract my previous six times experiences where my previous physicians all called in the insulin, not one of them ever told me to go to the hospital if it goes too high, which it had nearly 400, actually 374 at home by the entrance to the hospital the check in nurse Bill took it and then it was down to 311, and by the time they did the blood work and then 282 on Tuesday night, November 13. 2018! I am not a diabetic, my normal glucose is around 90! It is only when on the necessary infusions for the exacerbations of Multiple Sclerosis that I have had them. I must have called Dr. Luis Casanova's in Port Charlotte Florida's office five or more times between Friday when I had begun thru to Tuesday night with that highest reading ever, leaving messages with his nurse Maggie and she told me that the doctor said to GO TO THE HOSPITAL IF IT SHOULD GO TOO HIGH! Below is the hospital bill for nearly 8K, fortunately I am on Medicare and have a supplemental so I owe nothing!
But that is NOT the point! 
I AM AS MAD AS HELL AND I DO NOT THINK ANYONE SHOULD HAVE TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!

 This is what my previous doctor did knowing that I had a diabetic reaction to the IV infusions due to me telling her! Just a year and half before, also covered by my Humana prescription coverage at the local Publix Pharmacy, I called there and spoke to the tech since I had forgotten what Hubby paid for it then....$6.91 for an entire vial, Kathy the tech verified for me when I called earlier today, and for the heck of it I asked if I had not had insurance how much then? $168.25, a far cry from $7,673.23 that the hospital charged, blood test=$635.36, Urinalysis=$445.07, injection in vein for therapy diagnosis=$628.46, Emergency department visit=$5,836.65,Infusion normal saline=$121.42, Injection of per five units of insulin=$6.27! All that for FIVE UNITS! And if I bought an entire vial it would have been only $6.91!
My search on the net even turned up these prices for the same insulin without insurance!
 Note the numbers they do not jive in logic for medical coverage for any HUMAN BEING, never mind American! Something has to be done, not just now, but YESTERDAY!
And mine is just one case of Medicare being gouged, so many other general times that I have noticed what I consider inequities in money distributions!

Folks we must be proactive for our children and their children and on and on!

That is all!

So this holiday season remember the good fight never ends for all human beings should never have to worry about becoming ill and having to pay ridiculous amounts for anything beyond their control!

Something to think about, hmm?

I am fully covered, but still...IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT OR FAIR!

Happy good night all!

Count those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

*As of next month we Hubby and I have a new internist!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Be in the know!

Speaking My Mind: Be in the know! :   The presidential candidates are tied!   New Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows why Biden-Trump rematch is st...