Monday, December 31, 2018

Happy New YEAR!

Now have any of you ever thought why the New Year is new?
Each day IS NEW TOO!
And yet we do not say daily, HAPPY NEW DAY, do we?
Or do we?
Some may.
And that is lovely, just that thought... HAPPY NEW DAY!
I declare that from now on we must all say, HAPPY NEW DAY!
Okay, I cannot tell you what to say, you are free agents to do and say what you wish.
Although, as I did state my logical case for the reason why I do believe that it might be the NEW YEAR'S  new catch phrase, try it see how it rolls off of your lips, HAPPY NEW DAY!
LOUDER! I CAN'T HEAR YOU?
Shouting won't help you,... you do know that I still will not be able to hear you, really!
But I suppose you did know that really.
Funny, fun, my fun at your expense.
Nah, don't tell me that it wasn't fun for you too.
Don't start! I told you NOT to tell me! HA, ha, ha!

See, fun!
Maybe, maybe not.

No tomorrow is NOT just another NEW DAY, but a whole NEW YEAR!
Wow, what a concept, changing those four clustered numbers of the date every 365 or 366, give or take a day, yup Kiddies!
We play with a NEW DAY, more or less, every four years!
Now the bigger question is where does that one not so happy day go every four years?

Every four years?
Sadie Hawkins Day,  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadie_Hawkins_Day, but of course oh wait no, it is called Leap Year, but of course, but notice NOT, "HAPPY LEAP YEAR", perhaps it was at one time painful? In reality it does sound that it might be, "LEAP", over a whole year, make that three?

Any-who, many have been born on that spare day that for some strange reason that they tacked onto February! I suppose since FEBRUARY IS DAYS POOR! Having three years only just those 28!
Sympathetically, someone in all "their" wisdom felt the necessity, I guess to bestow an oddity of just one more, to make them i.e. February and all its days feel better about itself being a shorted days' month still, but then periodically giving then that extra one to become, 29 DAYS, and why is it that no one has clearly defined that, since a few extra days from those months to share would nearly make FEB be almost normal... I'm just saying thirty-one, more than many! Sharing with February yearly might have been nice, ya know, if for no other reason than for continuity!?
Balance those calendars?

Over my lifetime I have met people who were born on February 29th and insist they are like eight years old instead of thirty-two... I could go on and on, but you can figure this one out by just doing the math without me aiding and abetting any of you! HA!

These issues have not been addressed if I recall!

Who would like to jump on this band wagon?

I bet if someone would just write up a petition we could get this done!

Anyone?

Oh, well, maybe next year?

Wait that's tomorrow, here we go again... start at the top!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Knowing is half the battle....

Speaking My Mind: Knowing is half the battle.... :   So yesterday I went to the new Nurse practitioner. New to me not to the doctor, just he...