Friday, November 16, 2018

Whew!

Some days we should be grateful for them being quieter than others, as my title says quite succinctly!
Although, sometimes the day's are combos, like specials at you favorite restaurant or fast food place and like today.
In my case a good and bad experience with medical people that you depend on.
I hate doing this, but it is totally the truth and telling people might help them too?

Anyway, Dr. Luis Casanova, Internist's office in Port Charlotte Fl,  I had called for an entire week and no one there  called me back with help about my high glucose or to find out how I was doing, ya know, most would have since I am/was his patient...So I felt the absolute need to try and find out why with all the messages left about my high glucose needing attention like a prescription for insulin would have been just right... or even a return call telling how they could help me or why they wouldn't help me at all! If his one and only nurse Maggie hadn't finally answered her phone I would have never ever found out why! According to her, Maggie, had said that the neurologist's office that was infusing me should have given me the insulin! I told her they never do that, it is always the internist who does! This was my seventh time infused and all of the others i.e. neurologists said they do not give insulin, even though they know as high as 56% of the people given IV Solumedrol with or without a history of diabetes will have a diabetic reaction and consequently need insulin they do NOT GIVE INSULIN THE PATIENT'S GP DOES!
That said, it appears her argument went deeper saying, since they were the doctor who treated me they basically turned over all my treatment to them. Dr. Casanova's orders were to evaluate my glucose level twenty-four hours after the administration of my first infusion that was on a Friday and none of the doctors would be in for the twenty-four hours later her assumed time frame...Saturday???????????????, and if it was too high I should go to the ER for treatment! WHAT?????????????? That's a plan?
I thought doctors were to try to avoid that situation by doing good doctoring!
Oddly enough, I had put a call into the neuro's office just to keep them apprised of the situation.

And Angie my infusion/ RN from Dr. Montoya's office, my neuro, did call back to check on me, and I told her what happened again!
She was wonderful in answering any medical questions I had asked with complete honest answers, and I answered hers too. I verified that since my glucose had gone down to 96 yesterday I no longer was testing it, and I asked if I did indeed have Nystagmus and tremor, and that my bad chicken was NOT the cause of my lower GFR kidney number of 32.05 from 70, meaning that my chronic kidney disease is back!
See night, and day!
Stress, stress, stress...to infinity! Must remove.
Although, much better than the previous days.

Hubby chose to make bean burritos for dinner with using my homemade guacamole, Greek yogurt, cheddar from the deli, sounds healthy until he read the can of refried beans after we had already eaten! Sodium 19% , fat 9%, and one very oldie, but not goodie for you ingredient LARD... OOPS!
But those two and half not that big burritos that I ingested were mighty tasty! Oh Vey! LOL!

Thanks for dinner Hubby! Really!


Happy good night all!

Count those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!






No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Today is a busy day,... for us!

Speaking My Mind: Today is a busy day,... for us! :   First, we meet with Hubby's oncologist for a monthly update on his bloodwork that ...