Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Spoke with them and received a fifteen dollar in store credit...not happy with their grooming department in Port Charlotte and we are not alone


Map

You Might Also Consider

Ask the Community

Yelp users haven’t asked any questions yet about PetSmart.
Ask a Question

Recommended Reviews for PetSmart

Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can't pay to alter or remove their reviews. Learn more.
×
  • Sue G.
    •  0 friends
    •  8 reviews
    •  1 photo
    5.0 star rating
    3/13/2017
    This Petsmart has groomed my Cairn Terrier several timesand the staff has done a great job. He has been handlesdby two different staff members with equally good results.

    Also, took my mother's poodle for grooming---AMAZING job. The groomer took extra time to comb out his knots instead of shaving him, as many other groomers have done.

    I'm taking the time to write this review because I've had poor grooming at other locations and have been extremely pleased with this store.
  • 1.0 star rating
    1/12/2018
    Not a business that I want to deal with.  NOT Happy with how the groomers  section handled my girl. She's still dropping fur after their Furmonator treatment...Didn't work. 90$wasted..
  • 5.0 star rating
    10/28/2017
    Love the grooming salon here! Joshua takes amazing care of my Husky princess, and is always insistent that Sophie is very well behaved ( even though I'm sure she is a terror!) I highly recommend having your dogs groomed at this location.
  • 2.0 star rating
    7/27/2016
    While out of town, we stopped at this Petsmart for a quick nail trim. We didn't have our vet records with us so they had to muzzle our pup, Sadie, which was fine.

    They took her back right away, but seemed to seriously lack in dog side manner. The groomer cut the nail too short and hit Sadie's quick. When Sadie yelped, the groomer said some dogs just get nervous- completely disregarding her own mistake.

    Overall, not great. Take your dog somewhere better.
  • 2.0 star rating
    5/31/2015
    • 1 check-in
    Dad has a pup that sheds horribly in the the hot Florida sun. There is a technique called the ferminator to remove all the loose hair while shining up the new coat coming in and he has bragged for days how beautiful she would be after her appointment. She did look beautiful on her back and sides but there were still spots on the under carriage and hind haunches with excessive hair falling out. Kristy was super sweet but the job was half-assed and at $60 a pop? Sorry, I wouldn't spend it again at petsmart.

    Addendum- dad took the other pup up for her grooming session and mentioned he was not happy with the prior days service. Petsmart performed the whole service again free of charge. Added another star for that because it still should've been performed the first time correctly
  • 5.0 star rating
    12/8/2016
    Today I had my Labradoodle groomed at the PetSmart in Port Charlotte, Fl.
    WOW... I have to say it's the Best grooming he's had in 11 years!!
    Alex did an awesome, precise & very professional job.
    It was the first time I decided to upgrade and have his nails 'grinded' rather then cut...they are much smoother and his paws are not as tender as they often are after other groomings.
    We'll definitely be back again!!!
  • 1.0 star rating
    10/11/2016
    They are listed under anesthesia free but are not. Called for pricing on teeth cleaning and the girl repeated herself with the info that didn't answer my questions and could not give me round about prices. No price break for more than one dog. They wanted me to have a full exam and blood work etc before I even had them looked at for cleaning. Ridiculous. The total cost to have teeth cleaned from what I figured out was 800 on up. Lol. Seriously more than a human.
  • 1.0 star rating
    12/15/2016
    Just had my dog groomed yesterday.  Dog came home with cuts.  Groomer's were not nice to dogs.  Won't go there again .
  • 1.0 star rating
    5/15/2015
    I tried to purchase approximately   $ 25 dollars worth of pet supplies there today but the large male clerk was too busy trying to impress a young female, after a few minutes I left the items that I was going to buy on the counter and left.
  • 1.0 star rating
    1/15/2016
    Just horrible experience. Was given original price quote, told I could plan for 3-4 hours. App 40 minutes later I was told my dog was upset in the kennel, and I could either pick up my wet dog  (guess he was "air drying in the kennel" or pay the express price $11.00 more. Of course I agreed to express. I was called again later, told he could be picked up (we are still at lunch). We left the restaurant. Went to the groomer. He was not completed and still on table. His face was fine, but his body was cut so short you could see his skin..this experience is not something I would like to duplicate.
  • Sal G.
    •  230 friends
    •  811 reviews
    •  80 photos
    3.0 star rating
    12/29/2013   Updated review
    • 10 check-ins
    I find it only fair that I update my review. The store is actually doing a much better job of keeping stock on shelves. Here's hoping that this trend doesn't wax and wane like the tides in the area.
    2.0 star rating
    5/2/2010  Previous review
    True to form, a chain business opens a small store in Port Charlotte that is stocked as if one… Read more
Page 1 of 1

You Might Also Consider



Our experience with most of PetSmart has been excellent; except with their grooming that was an issue with us and that is what this item is all about...you can see below.

Hubby was quoted a price of  $44 for our Bella who I had bathed prior to her visit there, and her nails had been cut just a few weeks ago by them, so only a cut, puppy cut. Hubby even brought this picture below on Hubby's phone, bellow is our Bella's. The first one is Bella the second one is not Bella that one was the pic shown for her haircut! Anyway, with only having to give her a hair cut they then charge $3 for a Saturday? And then an express charge of $11 due to her being done quicker, since they did not have to take her in their back room to bathe her or clip her nails!
What $58??????

Afterwards by phone a Customer Care person called and agreed that the over charges were wrong and gave us an in-store credit for $15 that we have received via email. Another person from their department called later on and said that the above was their policy, huh? I.E. the up-charges! Too late Audrey, second customer service rep., we were exonerated and given a financial adjustment prior to your call!                           
                                                                     Our Bella below!
Model of hairstyle below!

Now we must look for a new groomer, well not for a while since her hair is quite short! Although, chopped unevenly, and even a small mat was left at the top of her tail. With my tremor now from my MS I am afraid to cut it off! That is why we took her to be, "professionally" groomed in the first place, oh well!

Happy good night all!

Count those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: This is where my three inches went... I think!

Speaking My Mind: This is where my three inches went... I think! :   From December 2023 CT lumbar scan: "L1-L2 level: Severe disc spac...