Wednesday, November 14, 2018

So here's what actually happened yesterday...

I woke up having had about two hours sleep at around six A.M., my appointment for my third day of infusions of 500 mg. Solumedrol was scheduled for an open ended 10:30 or 11:00 A.M. start time.
We chose the earlier one, and arrived nearly on time, but Angie the infusion nurse was not ready for us, she had other patients. Odd it was her idea, oh well...
Anyway it was eleven twenty when I do believe is when we actually begun, after reinstalling an IV line apparently the one that was closed and supposedly still in me after it was taped and securely attached by tape I unwittingly had pulled out and did not realize it! Thus a new installed!
I had had just a seven minute medium boiled egg and multi grain slice of toast with a thin smear of butter, and coffee, with a slash of milk and one packet of stevia, American style.
Food has no effect on these procedures so eating and regular medication are encouraged to stay normal, status quo.
The whole thing only takes an hour or less, some times.
I recall being done at twelve twenty, yup an hour!
Hubby was hungry for lunch and the only thing on his mind was the Golden Arches, I had mixed emotions finding anything healthy there I could eat so I pulled up the menu on my phone as Hubby pulled into their parking lot, a Southwest grilled chicken salad looked doable.
So Hubby went in and ordered two cheese burgers and a small fry, and my grilled chicken salad with Balsamic vinaigrette. And yes that is okay!
Even for a temporary diabetic, my numbers had hover just under 300, and then I would use some online method to bring them down, lemon juice in seltzer water, home made hummus, my guacamole consisting of our Haas avocados from our backyard tree started from a grocery one's pit years ago, plum tomatoes, and red onion all chopped and dressed with lime juice and course salt!
And each and every time it worked lowering my glucose under 200!
Amazing!
Yesterday afternoon at three P.M. I had been scheduled for my Thoracic RFA, Radiofrequency Ablation and we got there on time exactly on time, but as usual there was a wait, for this procedure I requested sedation, so another IV line was installed, on the same hand that was bruised from last Fridays infusion line my left, since my right had been well used two days in a row.
The Dr. Valente was informed about my three days of infusions, so he made adjustments to his procedure accordingly, without using more steroids just the needles to calm my painful nerves, by stopping the connection I believe.
Anyway, since I was asleep and had to go to recovery a large room with lounge type chairs, but me on my ride and just as comfortable since mine could do tricks too reclining and such that is!
Once you were showing you were bright eyed and bushy tailed, wait no that is for dogs, sorry they offered you crackers with either cheese or peanut butter and three juices, apple, orange, or grapefruit, I chose wisely, peanut butter and apple juice!
By the time I was all done it was now five P.M. and again Hubby was hungry, Geez!
We were close to Bocca Lupo and he yearned for a Calzone, and in the same shopping center was a Thai restaurant that we noticed many times was very busy! So we called in Hubby's dinner from his cell on the Bluetooth, and then he went into the Thai restaurant and brought me back a menu, and I ordered their crispy duck with Saffron rice, no mention of vegetables, but for two dollars more in sides so I asked Hubby to get that too. The wait for both was twenty-five minutes.
 By now it was nearly six by the time both meals were in the car.
Did I mention that Aussie and Bella our rescue furry kids were with us each place we had been and then too!
We all ate dinner when we arrived home and I wrote last night's blurb then,,, little did I know that our day was not not quite over!
A couple hours after dinner I felt odd, oh I forgot I was up most of the night before with watery diarrhea later thought to be caused by a bad rotisserie bought the day before and eaten that day as sandwich and later that night as hot dinner, Hubby had have the same reaction and he shared a couple pieces with Aussie whom also had that same stomach issue, but mine was worse due to two full meals worth! Any-who, Angie the infusion neuro was only going 250 mg. due to my diabetic reactions of the Solumedrol, but when I told her why I was up most all night she decided to give me the 500 mg....
So around ten I took my glucose and I broke 300, it registered 374!
And I called the hospital, actually Hubby did, and so for the first time since we have had the furry kids we left them with food and water after taking them out to relieve themselves, and put them into separate rooms, Bella on our bed with the door closed and Aussie with the rest of the house!
And worried that the house not knowing what might happen...and drove to the hospital, and Aussie barked goodbye, oh my!
Then I was concerned he was going to do it the whole time we were gone.
The hospital is less than two miles from our home.
When we checked in at the front desk in the ER at Fawcett Hospital the nurse Billy a big guy takes your blood pressure, as asking you why you are there, then checks if you are in the system, which I am, several times, ha!
He also check my glucose with their high tech space age looking glucose meter, and mine either went down to 311 by itself or ours wasn't calibrated right.
So they decided to put me on an hour long insulin saline IV another stick, do I have the count I am losing it, yep, really losing it!
Anyway, they drew blood too almost when I came in, and before I was hooked up to the IV they needed a urine specimen, that I was able to provide too... sorry so graphic guys, but that is me...
They came back with my written print out that now showed my glucose at 282, but some things terribly scary and worrisome, my thought to be all better kidneys that had a GFR of 70 just on blood work dated October was now down to 32.05 that is not good, <60 and="" appointment="" cancelled="" chronic="" clear="" disease="" even="" for="" i="" in="" is="" kidney="" month="" my="" nbsp="" nephrology="" next="" p="" really="" the="" though="" was="">Gosh this is not done yet... stay tuned it is way late to post!
Finish the rest tomorrow... stay tuned!
    

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: OUCH!

Speaking My Mind: OUCH! :     For some reason I am having stomach pains, considering I no longer have a stomach, just a small pouch, it is q...