Saturday, August 25, 2018

Nothing is impossible if you set your mind to it!


Who out there has a fear of thunderstorms?
Well, I do, and so does Aussie, Hubby and Bella not at all.
Oddly enough Aussie, our mini-ish Australian Shepherd, and I comfort one another with hugs and also with his massive knuckles on either end Nylabone, looks like a real one, oh that is his, and no I do not gnaw on anything! I on the other hand put on my rings from Hubby and my Mom's, just in case our home gets struck by lightning and we have to evacuated fast, and I also turn off all electrical supplied items that are not, in my mind not on the best surge protectors, but in actuality they are quite up to snuff.

So I sit/lie on the bed while Aussie lying next to me chews his anxiety away, and I stare at my cell phone that isn't connected to anything, so in my way of thinking it is a safe item as I goto all the weather sites from the Weather Channel to Weather Underground to Weather Bug to local TV stations apps whatever any one of them will try to predict just when the clashes of lightning and roars of thunder will end! (Mind you we still have power on)... (So sorry, no pictures of all that with Aussie and me, we were too busy being scared)

And do you know that they usually do not have the same answers, the online weather channels!
Sometimes my fear is so severe I end up in our hallway or bathroom that are designated safe spaces from heavy winds and tornadoes.
That hallway protected me from a cat 4 hurricane, and we have on the one smaller original bathroom with the tub, a thick additional Plexiglas window over that Miami/Dade approved 130 MPH frosted pane window inside the shower there instead of the separate hurricane shutter that we do have too, but this one lets the light in and is on all of the time for sudden need it is always prepared and that room has a block exterior wall and plaster walls interior, circa 1958, and it also survived Hurricane Donna 1960, Hurricane Charley 2004!
So in a way it is our safe room.

Yes, I suppose I do think way too much about that sort of stuff...probably due to having too much time on my hands, oh well. But to be fair it is still hurricane season!
And I am a survivor of one direct hit!


My explanation of my title and why I did take a picture of Bella again, since that was earlier today before the storm came in. As you can see she is attempting to play with the twenty foot long boat line that Hubby made for Aussie! To think Aussie who is forty-four pounds and thrice her height, and she is less than ten pounds and very short, she definitely has gumption! Or SPUNK, just like Mary Richards! (Mary Tyler Moore Show... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mary_Tyler_Moore_Show )

The line probably weighs as much as she does, she reminds me of the little ant that lifts so many times its own weight, and it makes me smile!
Proving once again that anyone, people or animals if you set your mind to do something you can!


Happy good night all!

Count those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that...

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that... : ...my kidneys are fine! So are, my liver, and pancreas I don't have a gallbladder anymore, surg...