Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Heated discussion


Occasionally, but not tonight!

This time just kidding, Hubby asked via texting in the other room what if any leftovers were earmarked to go out into the garbage tonight. Tuesday night is garbage night for tomorrow's pick up, used to be twice a week, but stopped a few years ago and now is condensed into only the one day.

I know, I know there should never be any food thrown away, since we are supposed to eat everything!
Sometimes I feel badly about how much we waste. But my saying is, when in doubt throw out! Referring to if it is still healthy enough to eat, or a goner! Like milk we used to buy a gallon, but then it would go bad so we switched a while back to only a half of a gallon, and sometimes we finish it, but this time it went bad three days past its sell by date with about a third left! That goes down the sink when that happens.
Tonight though the toss was very light, only a wee bit of a salmon cream cheese spread that I had made that is all that was left, no boo hoo over that!

Most people I know have this issue, so perhaps the guilt of people starving all over the world has not sunk in or we are just careless?
Busy.
Even though retired bums.
Shameful.
And too lucky to have so much... yup there's that guilt thing again!
Hubby's Catholic and I am Jewish, hard not to have any guilt.

But we did have hard times, when I had to buy groceries with just twenty dollars for the week, and so that was tuna and boxed macaroni and cheese, eggs and milk, and bread peanut butter and jelly, frozen mixed vegetables, and those dried noodle soup things, oh Ramen, since they were very cheap; I think that was all of it; it was quite a while ago. At that time we ate everything!
Mind set.

Today I made two out of three meals.
Breakfast was quite a bit, an over easy egg for each of us, one potato turned into home fries split between us, Hubby three slices of bacon and me one turkey sausage patty. Lunch was the rest of the turkey and Swiss cheese sandwich, salads and cranberry sauce. Dinner I made potato pancakes, since I had made applesauce earlier out of the big red apples the kids had left, and we still have Greek yogurt that is good till the 29th of this month! Chives with that, and yum, for a change from all that fowl stuff! HA! Hubby, brought me lunch in bed again, he had assembled it.

He mowed the lawn and I got two loads of laundry done... mundane tasks... necessary...oh well... life!

Yep, Hubby and I are texting, a lot.
For years we nixed the idea, but now I see how "the kids" get hooked; it is harmless efficient fun.
We still use Consumer Cellular as our provider that is much more cost effective than other companies, for our two phones with unlimited texting and only 250 phone time minutes for both it is $41 a month!
A bargain for us, since we still have a landline too.

Anywho, these are thoughts of a rambling mind.

Another no politics night... too frustrating at times, who am I kidding all of the time!

But we must talk about it even if it is painful that it is.

Happy good night all!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!
 

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought...

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought... :   ...I had tPA, which is the older medication they used.. .tPA (Tis...