Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Moving the tiki project right along...

Hubby attached the furring strips today, and so they were well secured too.






pièce de résistance below!
                            Mexican palm thatch with little room for mistakes due to the quantity of 35"X 60'.                                   
                         Hubby will be definitely measuring twice, cutting only once as it goes on                                   
                           around the roof! Installation tomorrow, weather permitting!

Moving on...

Lately my choices for viewing/streaming/binge watching on TV alternative has been the British DIY decorating shows competitions, as the Great Design Challenge, Find it Fix it Flog it, and a few from Canada Brojects, etc and some others.
Unfortunately, our own HDTV has not returned to Netflix with any offerings that I had become familiar with from when we had been traveling and had access in our hotel rooms to that channel.
I could watch those shows all night long, and a few times I did!

I have watched nearly all DC super heroes offerings as well as Marvels, twice, and all new ones as they come into Netflix. 
Also Midsomer Murders, again and they are the UK's equivalent to Law and Order with nineteen seasons, in years not storylines or style by any means. Very enjoyable though.
So many others that you liked too I am more than sure.

Who keeps lists of such things, really, who?
Maybe I should write them down all those like library books that I had read when we used to go weekly, I did not do that then either, and after when some time had passed I took them out again forgetting until I got home that I had already read them... but then there were a few of them, ones that I did enjoy reading again and again, you too I bet?

Anyway today Hubby worked on the tiki hut and I made meals and did laundry and such, mundane tasks for me.
We text back and forth with and without silly/cute emojis.
Yes, we finally gave in to our unlimited texting that we had been paying for with the additional ability to be online everywhere since this past January... all for two phones for less than $40 a month yep for both phones, yes less than $40 a month... through Consumer Cellular! Great for emergencies and boating.

That is all for tonight all to have a very happy good night!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!





No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Knowing is half the battle....

Speaking My Mind: Knowing is half the battle.... :   So yesterday I went to the new Nurse practitioner. New to me not to the doctor, just he...