Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Instead of a rain delay, a pain delay!

The sun had been shining all day long!

Yes, that is right!

And where were Hubby, Aussie and I?

Answer: We were on our way, this morning, leaving shortly after ten A.M. to go to the Southwest Florida Pain Center where my procedure to alleviate my neck pain was to take place.
Once there the nurse, Courtney, and I went over the information. I told her that even though I have had numerous surgeries I was a bit anxious about this procedure.
So she asked if I would feel better if I were given twilight sleep instead of just the a local numbing agent?
I said yes.
And so I had an IV installed.
It was a good thing, since the procedure is done with you in a reverse prone position, on an angled wedge on your tummy with your head in a tube like for a massage at a spa?
Hard for me to get into that position and my center thoracic portion pained incredibly while attempting and succeeding turning over into that position! So I was relieved that I had asked for being put out somewhat. For me that stuff previously has always put me out entirely and it worked again, thankfully!
Before I knew it the whole thing was over, i.e. cervical facet injection: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2782165/

And I was incorrect saying if that above did not work then they would try cervical radiofrequency ablation (RFA):https://wakespine.com/knowledge-center/treatments-offered/cervical-radiofrequency-ablation/
Actually, what I had today was to see if I can tolerate the next procedure above, the RFA that I am now scheduled to have too in a little over two weeks.

In the recovery area I was the only one there with having the procedure on the neck, all the others there had lumbar, lower back, pain procedures, four men and one other woman.
Instead of gurneys like other regular surgeries areas you are in no frills recliner type chairs, except me, due to me having my motorized wheelchair that does do all the tricks and then some of their chairs.

After my recovery, including the procedure we were there about two hours, and since it is across the street from Home Depot Hubby ran in for the potting soil for the Key Lime seeds, and the two bags of cement for the pilings on the land side for the tiki hut!

From there we went to Firehouse Subs:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firehouse_Subs to get lunch to take over to the Beach Complex: https://local.yahoo.com/info-36381221-port-charlotte-beach-park-port-charlotte?stx=port%20charlotte%20beach%20complex&csz=Port%20Charlotte,%20FL&fr=lsrp&tmpl=LOCUISHR:B5202 to eat, Hubby got a NY steamer for his, and I got one of their lo cal salads, the Hook and Ladder.

Then over to Sam's Club to check gas prices, and they were higher than the new WAWA gas station on 41/ the Tamiami Trail that just opened and was on our way home and before we got to the beach complex.

Last stop, Publix for this and thats.

Our Number One Son called again to say hello and mentioned a co-worker that most likely got bit by a Brown Recluse Spider, since he had to have skin grafts and of course be hospitalized! Yes, they are prevalent here as in many dry dark places in the world! A must read! https://www.emedicinehealth.com/spider_bite_brown_recluse_spider_bite/article_em.htm

Horrible creatures!

On that note, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very Happy Good Night!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

What do you know, I just heard thunder... the rain is back!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: So yesterday I went for my CTs...

Speaking My Mind: So yesterday I went for my CTs... : ... not only did I have to drink those 3 bottles of barium before the test yesterday,...