Monday, September 18, 2017

"While times may seem difficult your future forecasts a quick turnaround."

 Believe it or not the first fortune I picked up was the one used for the title tonight; I believe to be apropos.
Maybe or maybe not the China City restaurant saved these hurricane appropriate fortunes and decided to generously send Hubby home with seven of them; were they foreseeing the future to be distributed after?
Coincidence I think...ha, who knows!

"To find yourself think for yourself." Rings true, not selfish.

"There is no one so rich that they don't need help or so poor that they cannot help." Interesting adage and also a truism.

"You will be showered with good luck." 2X   Now this is too two much, nah just right for each of us and very nice!

"You are heading for a land of sunshine." Hey, we are already here!
Florida minus hurricanes = the SUNSHINE STATE!

"When you gather all your resources together, goals are accomplished."
Absolutely.

I decided to take a break from hurricane watch on here, but not actually if any of you read my posts on my FB page.

And no we did not over indulge in Chinese food, Hubby ordered a Pu Pu platter and I ordered steamed Chinese vegetables and shrimp, with a large egg drop soup for us to share that gives us leftovers with more leftovers!
So seven fortune cookies was just very nice of them, but we are fairly regulars there.
Not as much as we used to be though.

We are very lucky in Charlotte County we were one of the few of the sixty seven counties in the state where the children were able to go back to school today, and power is mostly back on except for 3% of the county. So stores and traffic lights are all powered too.

My doctors' appointments for the week have been confirmed, I have two, the dermatologist and the pulmonologist and I had one UPS medication delivery today and another FedEx at the end of the week and that makes things seem very much back to normalcy here.

Garbage collection was back to normal last week on Wednesday our normal day, and mail has been everyday since we got home last Tuesday.

Here we are extremely lucky, but many people have homes that were destroyed just miles from here and even on this block there is a house that lost its roof, and south of here in Lee and Collier counties 150, 000 people still do not have power just in those two counties. I believe out of the seven million of us that lost power one million statewide are still without.

Good news for Florida that Hurricane Maria will be curling north away from us, but horrifically is devastating the islands that Irma got too!
Pray for all those people!

Good night to all, and share those blessings and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!  

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that...

Speaking My Mind: My CT showed that... : ...my kidneys are fine! So are, my liver, and pancreas I don't have a gallbladder anymore, surg...