Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Ahhhhhhhhhh MUNDANE WITHOUT ANY SHAME!

Hubby and I left our mini manse around ten thirty, give or take five, six or seven minutes, and arrived in Punta Gorda at Coastal Dermatology just before ten fifty or there about. Where has all the traffic gone... la., la, la... next month they will be back, and this with catching two red lights, amazing!

The reason for going was for my six month check up with Elisabeth Webber PA, yep you General Hospital fans know the same name as that other nifty sweet kiddo nurse in GH! This one though has only two kids of her own, one of each kind yep a boy just born and a girl with a few years on her so I have been told, ha.
Once the exam was over prescriptions were told that they were to be called in, and my notification for follow-up in six months will be reminded via a phone call.

After there in the same parking lot is Bealls Outlet and a restaurant named Elena's, so Hubby moved the car over closer to the stores and to allow others the ability to use the handicap spot we had be in. I rode over on BIG BLUE; some may wonder why I need a handicap spot, well it is to get her out of the van since handicap spots are larger/wider and she needs a full girth to go in and out, as do I.

In Bealls I found two pairs of black slacks and an electric blue colored blouse, hopefully they will fit.
I cannot maneuver well in even their handicap dressing rooms. So I take things home and try them on and if they don't I exchange them with all tags and receipts in tact.

Lunch in Elena's was interesting they had enlarged it since our last visit, and their décor was unique, a little bit NASCAR with checker board black and white winning flag like tiles on their walls and floral rainbow styled patterns on their bench seats for their tables. Fortunately they also had free standing tables where they could remove a chair for me to pull in to, many were in wheel chairs there, but mad me look like a spring chicken, yep I was the kid again!
Hubby had chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes and extra gravy, I had a cup of soup, stuffed pepper soup, tasted better than you would think, and half make that a quarter of a crab salad on multigrain bread with lettuce and tomato, the other quarter came home, we both had water with lemon, tasty meal and reasonably priced too.

From there we took a drive to the bird sanctuary, but did not get out due to our mission was to see as we drove from Port Charlotte to Punta Gorda and back we looked closely and noticed that everything looked fine, all we saw slightly different was the piles of yard waste, branches and trees down but in an orderly fashioned stacked for pick up, a few had furniture out for pick up too.
Everywhere we went the topics of conversations were: "when did your power go back on?"

Many said the next day, on last Monday, but one 99 year old I met in Publix said just the other day!

After our Punta Gorda trip I had another doctor's appointment/ six month check up and breathing test with my pulmonologist Dr. Kapadia's respiratory therapist Dennis at two P.M. we were early for that by fifteen minutes, but we ran out of things to do in between. At two thirty I was to see the doctor for the results. My medication is working for one thing, but being inactive has suppressed my lung capacity slightly more, only by three points, not too bad and expected.

Finally we made it to our last stop Publix grocery, where only one of my two prescriptions was ready! The other will be in tomorrow; anyway I still have of the missing one left of the old.
We had many list items and expanded on that as we took a leap of faith and replaced our food that we threw out! Freezer items, thus the eating out, now we can cook once again!

Moving on...

As I write tonight my heart sinks with the thoughts of all those people in the islands being slammed by that category five hurricane, our hearts and prayers are with all of them!

The other natural disaster of the earthquake in Mexico is also sadness on my mind, again our hearts and prayers go out to them as well!

And now for our odd duck of a president who seems to find joy and toys with other an unstable government leaders with language meant to incense not calm our nation and theirs...

There are too many disasters created by nature Orange Frothy Haired Guy for you to challenge fate and make a manmade one or more!
We are not paper doll cut outs of people we are living creatures that need to feel safe for real!
This is NOT a pre-scripted reality show; this is our land and our lives, so watch it mister!
That is all!
Be careful!

Happy night to all and share those blessing and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

       
 

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought...

Speaking My Mind: Yesterday I went to PT... and the PT lady thought... :   ...I had tPA, which is the older medication they used.. .tPA (Tis...