Thursday, March 17, 2016

Latest tummy test results says nothing serious, just...

...a very small hiatal hernia, no need for surgery......GREAT!
Okay, than why does my tummy still hurt and my throat have burning in it?
I have been using the Pepcid Complete, in fact had some since I got home due to that burning not stopping.
Yes, it is true since I hadn't eaten since last night, and was allowed only liquids till seven thirty this morning before my test scheduled at twelve forty five P.M., by the time I was done at two ten P.M. for Hubby to get me I was getting hungry.
The surgery center was not far from Cracker Barrels' restaurant.
I love their broiled rainbow trout with a sweet potato and carrots and that is what I had, also Cole slaw that I only had a teensy weensy bit of, yep that too could be considered a no, no.
So I had that and Hubby had the turkey dinner, both of us had water.
Aha! Now I think I know what happened, I had ice water with lemon!
I must remember NOT to have lemons anymore, coffee is a no, no too, as well as onions and garlic, chocolate, my dear sweet ever loving CHOCOLATE and forget about jalapeƱos that I did sadly give up months ago!
Oh and there is more, the avoidance list contains certain cheeses, tomatoes and their sauces, many things I gave little thought to as possible culprits causing stomach issues with spiciness, not that much in many things I create myself.
Yep, I have to stop too many ordinary things that set me off, and eat slower.
That is sort of hereditary, eating too fast, my Dad ate too fast too, due to business, eating in between while working, and I did it when I was a district manager driving in the car three thousand miles a month to my five locations, and before that when the kids were little feeding everyone and trying to catch up.
Yep, it is a behavior I must control.
Thankfully nothing seriously was wrong tummy wise.
Probably paying more attention to all that I could lose a few, pounds that is too.
Although, I eat the same way that I ate when I was skinny, how odd is that?
I do understand that now metabolically I am a sloth, and between age and illness, and the inability to exercise or walk/move, being heat sensitive, and sun fearful all can be attributed to my bulbous body formation.
And when I was skinny I could do everything, walk, bike, swim, and not thinking to exercise, just because I enjoyed it; how much we all take for granted until it's all gone.
And of course those courses of IV 1000 mg. steroids, several times, for days did not help or the Gabapentin, both cause weight gain, which only due to my back I had to increase another 300mg. again and that is why I had tried to wean myself off of it, and I had gotten down from 1800 mg. to only 300 mg., but now back up to 600 mg.!

Any-who, I had a call in to the nurse in the gastro's office to ask him what I should do, in the interim I did Google it and sure enough, avoidance of those items above and others is what will more than likely be beneficial to protect me.
Oy Vey!

Anyway, on this note of again me mine, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy healthy safe and peaceful good night and let me ask you to kindly count all your blessings and share all those overages with you know whom and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!





No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Other than news!

Speaking My Mind: Other than news! :   ...Our lives and welcome to it!... So yesterday I went to, PT, physical therapy, and due to taking my...