Friday, March 11, 2016

End of the week, FINALLY!

That is going to the doctor week for me.
Today I went with Hubby to the dermatologist to check my ear again and my mole on my back that I have had for years but it felt/looked different.
My ear once again seems to be in transition with either getting better or worse.
So the topical steroid is to be used 2x a day and if that doesn't work another biopsy will be in order.
My lower back mole was sliced off for biopsy.
Local anesthesia was used.
But due to my daily aspirin of only 81 mg. apparently it became a bloody mess.
The band aid came off and my blouse and undies were quite saturated.
And the pain ensued as well, and when extra strength Tylenol did not do the job I called the dermatologists office.
My appointment had been at 10:15 A.M. and this was at two thirty, a quarter to three-ish P.M..
Enough time for me to have been feeling one way or the other and, since I did not recall feeling badly or in pain after my previous skin biopsy I Googled it and the answer was to call back the doctor and so I did.
They said all they could do was tell me to take extra strength Tylenol, which I had.
The next solution was to use ice, which at the time I was having chills although I did not have a fever, so I said no. Next idea was to go to a walk in clinic or ER, and so far I am still here, or call my GP for some more ideas.
I guess having pain emanating from the lower back down my legs and having achy flu like symptoms without the flu is something I have to deal with and so like so many things in my painful life I found works was to distract myself thus writing in bed again.
And yes I am lying on my small surgical spot, a mole removed, and compressing the new band aid squelching the blood flow and realizing that every time I try to get up I cannot without pain!
So I have decided to stay put, again.
Hubby has gone to pick up dinner from PCs Fish House.
And I guess I will be eating in bed, again.
Gosh if I were rich and famous this idea would be decadent in the respect of being a truly spoiled celebrity!
But alas, I am not.
Just a sick old gal with a great guy taking care of me.

On that note of yes there should always be hope and geez I am lucky, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy healthy safe good night and ask you all to kindly count all your blessings and share all your overages with you know whom and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

PS The results of the biopsy will be in 12 to 14 days good or bad.


 

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Today is a busy day,... for us!

Speaking My Mind: Today is a busy day,... for us! :   First, we meet with Hubby's oncologist for a monthly update on his bloodwork that ...