Saturday, June 20, 2015

Noisy

Boy, is it ever!
What one might ask, music, fireworks, traffic or loud voices?
Well, no to any of those it's the weather, thunder without doing anything else, no lightening or rain or any of the expected reasoning for such a racket.
These higher temperatures that have been consistently in the low to nearly mid nineties with heat indices of over one hundred have been the cause I suspect.
It is as if a popcorn bag was put into a microwave and was about to explode, but fizzles instead.
Sure heat is not uncommon to Southwest Florida or Florida as a whole state but this still is June and even though we are in hurricane season, rain of course would be preferable than vacant threats in the form of noise.
Although, this is not to say that we haven't received our due of dew, we surely have had inches!
But I so miss those clockwork timely afternoon showers that one could nearly set their watch by that seemed to be a thing of the past these last few years!

Gus, our rescue Havanese pup, has an issue with noise, pots and pans scare him, motors excite him and thunder causes him to want us to comfort him which we do. He jumps on our laps to be cuddled and reassured.  
The odd thing is that I too have a fear of that rumbling sounds of thunder, but I do hug him and take deep breaths with him... mine cropped up after Hurricane Charley directly hit our home way back on August 13.2004, a Friday.
Waiting in that hallway with Skipper our Bichon Frise, on a lead, he was five and half months old and our Charlie the cockatiel was twenty-five in his cage and our Casey the cat our domestic long haired orange tabby he was about seven then I placed him in his crate, it was very scary waiting those three hours for it to all stop!
The news report had said we were in direct line with the last minute turn it had decided to take a right hand one instead of going one hundred miles north to Tampa. Hubby was at work getting people to be safe as a deputy doing his job, he fortunately came home before the oak tree fell across our front door blocking his entry to our home, but our arches surrounding our front window prevented it from breaking our nine foot picture window!

I was treated for a few years for nerves that were not that dissimilar to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder via medication and a doctor for such things.
The timidity and slight panic with all thunder still seems to be risidual with me with my lasting symptoms, significantly better than other ones I suspect.
Not too long ago a health TV reporter locally had wanted me to be interviewed about this malady, but compared to what the soldiers go through I felt silly to be even in that classification, although people that deal with major disasters have been diagnosed with the same PTSD, not that unusual, mine was classified "like" PTSD.

Still I have been doing better, although many of my loss of social ability and anger at people can be attributed to it. Patience was never ever my strong suite but my sabotaging friendships and relationships has proved that mentally the social flower of "love" to be with all people in itself is hypocritical of how I end up behaving.
No one can become so ridiculously self destructive in the real world, narrowing her once wide arena of family, friends and activities without having some deep seeded mental problems.

And so now I am out about my lack of ability to be with people in the real world with doing/saying something that will cause me to be misunderstood and therefor disliked. I also have a tendency to talk people to death for fear of letting them talk? Who knows why that is, but definitely NOT socially acceptable.
This venue is oh so one sided and since it suits my current personality flaws and all I hide here, albeit I do tell all.

TA DA!
Foot in mouth disease I kid, but it is a serious non-helpful socially unacceptable worldwide decrepency in me that can be almost traced back to that date 8-13-04, although I did have bits of that flaw starting earlier though it absolutely surfaced then a nasty catalyst...so I know and try harder thats all any of us can do, really.

On that note of hope even for me, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask all of you to kindly count all your blessings and share all the overages with you know whom and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!
  
 

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: The Un-NEWS!

Speaking My Mind: The Un-NEWS! :   Nice title, let's see how many are interested in the "Un-NEWS"... Scattered all over the ya...