Tuesday, April 21, 2015

"Cold pool today; going for a walk at Fishville! See ya!"

So as you can see that begun my day!
Although, if you must know the pool's temperature was eighty-two degrees as reported by Hubby, and yes for me that is too chilly;maybe not for you!

The decision to find another enjoyable exercise was mine and Fisherman's Village in Punta Gorda Florida always fits the bill, being waterfront with shops and lovely views.
Another plus Gus is allowed there.
Oddly enough we thought to re-acclimate/socialize him to the world our belief is that a week day would be better than a weekend due to less crowds.
But we were wrong!
Apparently the snow-bird, people who winter here, crowd is still here!
Fortunately parking was not that bad we have a location that is a handicap space that is in an obscure  place and so it was vacant.
We arrived finally there after I got a haircut to chop all of the over processed horrible ends of my hair off, I apparently destroyed them getting back to my naturally blond hair, ha!
I love it!
Jade, the hairdresser, a young woman is new and just so happens to be hearing impaired with only 40% hearing with her aids. She had gotten a virus when born but her parents did not realize that she was deaf for years after.
Lovely woman of twenty-five who has a four and half year old son.

We made another stop before the Fishville stop and that was to Ace hardware for Hubby to return a small part.
When we finally did arrive our parking spot just so happened to be next to one of their dog walks, so Gus got to go before I did. 
Then I finally did!
We stayed for about a half hour only due to our favorite restaurant there, the Fish Market, had no tables left that were good for us, too high seating was only left.

So we went back into Punta Gorda's Marion street and ate at Jack's, yep on Marion!

I had my Calypso seafood bisque soup and Caesar salad and I was a happy gal, Hubby had their roast beef sandwich which was enormous and quite impressive, PS mine was endless soup and salad for only $8.95, I did have two cups of soup but only one extremely large salad. We both had iced water with lemon. Gus was great until the manager came to chat, he was still fine for a while, but when he tried to pet him, he again went berserk, scary! No damage and the man was wonderful he too had had rescue pups and understood, but when he wanted to try again to pet him I honestly felt it was not a good idea, whew.

Odd how a child and others at Fishville had pet him without problems. Even though I was so hesitant to allow it but they were fine.
I suggested to Hubby perhaps he, Gus, was at one time scavenging for food when on his own and he would go through restaurant trash and had been chased or worse? The man might have that scent on him?
Sort of like Lady and the Tramp?

On that note of what, allow me to be the very first to wish all of you a very happy good night and ask all of you to kindly count all your blessings and share all your overages with you know whom and we will too!

And next time please be here or be square, ya hear!

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Sorry for a repeat of missing here...

Speaking My Mind: Sorry for a repeat of missing here... :     It was time for another hospital visit...NOT! Me again...same symptoms of the ...