Friday, December 19, 2014

Question, Mr. President?



President Obama, sir, you know that I have been in your corner through thick and thin during these last six years, true.
I have been kind enough to only speak/write about you when I have agreed with all that you have tried to accomplish, but have not been able to all of the time due to the damn GOP interfering in the house and congress with stalling or voting against all those things you have wanted for us, your nation…but, one thing has been tugging at my heart, no not heart, maybe reasoning of what is true and right in this world; I better stop beating around the bush sir, enjoy the pun sir; since his people all seemed to appreciate torture, get it 'beating --bush', any-who…I do know your time is valuable, well than sir with all due respect why have you scheduled your TV time table to express your thought on what has occurred in the news at the same time as my only one left soap opera, that is shown here at 2P.M. EST, the enduring for decades, over a half century, General Hospital?
And of all days on a Friday; Fridays are cliffhangers for this show that has been on for over fifty years, and a staple in our home from when I was expecting my first son back in 1972 and had taken maternity leave, but my Mom DOB1911-DOD1982, who watched it from its inception! I have watched the show on and off for over forty years!
Whenever I was not working and since my husband has been retired he has been wonderful about getting me home in time for it if we happen to be out doing errands he makes sure we are back by then! You can only imagine how it felt to see that you had pre-empted my viewing with your right to free speech speech explaining how Sony went wrong pulling the movie from opening in the theaters. Sir, I am more than sure your Intel is far more superior than to mine, but I thought the reason the Interview will not be shown is due to the theaters not wanting to show it due to the personal threat to their patrons and theaters themselves? I could be wrong, I have been wrong before… Although, I do have a bit more time than you do to check and listen to all the news stations that run the blurbs about such things, I’m just saying…
No sir, don’t get me wrong your opinion is the most valid in the nation for us constituents to hear when you stop by on the TV from your busy schedule, and have a wonderful time in Hawaii sir, I am sooo jealous! I do know that it is where you were born and you still must have family there, how fortunate for you and them…Merry Christmas sir and to Michelle and the girls too!
So all your Q &A’s with many of the reporters there was very nice, but I am going to tell you something sir and do not take this the wrong way I was hoping against hope that you would speed it up a bit?
Whew, after the forty-five minute session, that I multi-tasked during reading magazines/ looking at decorating pictures actually, and even getting in a few games of solitaire , you said your good byes at a quarter to three and the announcer said that after the commercials they would continue regular programming…BUT NO! There wasn’t going to be any General Hospital cliffhangers this Friday, oh no, they instead snuck in fifteen minutes of probably a repeat of the VIEW!!!!!!!
My heart was broken, not really, but sadly I turned the TV off and now I will have to wait until Monday when Port Charles mayhem shall resume, but I am sure that in some parts of this country they did see it today at another time or those last fifteen minutes and now once again I will be out of the loop of not knowing something I truly care about these days between my family and friends, crafts, reading, perusing art fairs and farmer’s markets and museums rehab exercises and doctor’s office visits and tests for my many ailments, MS being the most annoying one and GENERAL HOSPITAL is all I got left for afternoon TV viewing due to One Life to Live being cancelled a few years back…
So Geez thank you man, I do think you had no idea, previously being a lawyer and Michelle too, and everyone working so very hard all of the time…probably sounds silly to you, but not to me really.

My second question is why at this time of the day?
The only ones home are the infirm, elderly, jobless and such, why not pre-empt some of the not too great night time shows, although I agree most are pretty darn good this season… oh I see your dilemma you couldn’t chose and you had to get on Air Force One to get going on the vacay, hmm?
Gotcha…thanks for listening and never mind.

Respectively stated,
Yours Truly,
TWK

No comments:

Speaking My Mind: Happy Mother's Day!

Speaking My Mind: Happy Mother's Day! :   Traditions come and go... but when you have your parents alive and well or even on their death...